Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
FFH events Pesach Program

time2move

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 1:17 am
Has anyone ever been to the pesach program by FFH events at Villa Roma Resort and Spa in Callihoon, NY?

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 3:11 am
No but I'm going this year. Only heard good things.

time2move

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 4:42 am
Can you tell me what you’ve heard about the people that attend ? We are modern orthodox. Will we fit in ?

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 5:14 am
time2move wrote:
Can you tell me what you’ve heard about the people that attend ? We are modern orthodox. Will we fit in ?

It's a largely chabad crowd, with others mixed in, including MO. Ppl that go on the program from what I've heard are nice and friendly, and everyone fits in. I know a rwmo family that went last year and loved the program. We're not lubavitch fwiw, more like jpf. We've been on a yeshivish program before that we loved but wanted to try something new. We're not worried about fitting in bc lubavitchers are pretty accepting.

CPenzias

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 5:15 am
We went. Delicious food, fun activities for the kids. There's a variety of people there. Some more modern some more frum.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 1:51 am
We're going this year, iy"H. Looks like a lovely program...

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 1:58 am
What are the prices like?

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:23 am
2000 for one half when we are going iyh. Super quick to get a quote online...

simba

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:34 am
I know the organizer personally and know people who have gone. Only heard great things.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:38 am
We also went last year. If anyone has specific questions feel free to ask.

amother
Mintcream

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 2:46 pm
Bumping this.. Are the rooms updated or on the older side? And if I have family members that do not cover their hair will and maybe even pants will their be funny looks...
Reading previous posts- is it nusach ari for davening?

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 2:53 pm
If you are MO and you are going to be in the Catskills for pesach, I’m going to recommend Honors Haven. They just announced that that Destination 613 is running a program there this year. I would recommend.

amother
Mintcream

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 3:14 pm
amother Jean wrote:
If you are MO and you are going to be in the Catskills for pesach, I’m going to recommend Honors Haven. They just announced that that Destination 613 is running a program there this year. I would recommend.

Thanks- looking them up- all I see is last year's program... also- I have found that a lot of the MO programs and sooo much more expensive. Comparing FFH to other programs they are they are lowest pricing I have seen- but have to make a decision soon cuz their early bird special is almost done.

mom37

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 4:11 pm
I went last year. Only have good things to say! In the main building where all of the meals are, I believe they redid the rooms but there are also adjacent buildings where the rooms are older. I stayed in the adjacent buildings and didn’t mind the rooms at all. Very spacious! But you do have to walk back to the adjacent building after the meals. Not far (a couple min.) but you have to go outside.

I don’t believe anyone would care if someone’s hair isn’t covered; people bring extended families of different frum levels. She won’t be alone!

If you contact program they are very responsive wrt questions/accommodations
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics