Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Help me find a gown! I am plus size
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 10:14 am
I am in the exact same situation as the other poster I was just about to start ssuch a thread. I am plus size and realy on a lower buget. But I know its probobly unrealistic. If anyone has ant ideas. I wish I didnt have to wear a gown but eveyone else is. I want to look beutiful and flattering and not feel embaressed in no gown or unflattering gown.What

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 10:32 am
Ave.com
Dress barn.com is closing
Nordstroms.com
David’s bridal .com

my mama

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 1:12 pm
What color, size, and style preference? And what's your preferred budget and what's your max? I'd love to help you find something you'll love and look beautiful in

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 1:36 pm
Try Dainty Jewells.

zaftigmom

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 8:57 pm
Most department stores online will have a plus size department with great return policies. Lord n Taylor,Nordstrom,Macy's etc.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 9:08 pm
I kind of straddle the line between regular sizes and plus in gowns (I’m very short and gowns tend to run a bit small), and my SIL is getting married so I just spent the last 2 months searching for a gown which I finally got last week. My point is, most department stores - Macy’s, Nordstrom, lord and Taylor, etc - have GORGEOUS plus sizes. And some are not even expensive! My biggest issue was my SIL chose a very specific hard to find color. But they had a ton of beautiful dresses in all sizes. Do some online shopping! You’ll find something!

If you can use a size 20-ish purple gown, I have a gorgeous one. (It’s my mothers old one so it would work for someone a little more mature as well).

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 9:08 pm
Now is a SUPER time to buy a gorgeous plus size gown from Macys or Lord and Taylor. I bought my 2 sister of the bride gowns, one from each store at their post holiday end of season sales.

You may even find a classic plus gown at Jcpenney online.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 11:50 pm
you can do great on ebay. type in adrienne papell, laurence kazar

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 12:46 am
David's bridal

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 4:52 pm
my mama wrote:
What color, size, and style preference? And what's your preferred budget and what's your max? I'd love to help you find something you'll love and look beautiful in

thank you Smile I am a 2x.I would go with black best or dark flattering color. I want something flattering that doesn't emphasize the bust , not clingy,I am fat at my hips and back too. iIam a young person so not a older lady looking gown, I don't look good on jumper gowns. I was not successful in davids bridal. buget the least the better defenitly not more than $300 really can't even afford that

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 5:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thank you Smile I am a 2x.I would go with black best or dark flattering color. I want something flattering that doesn't emphasize the bust , not clingy,I am fat at my hips and back too. iIam a young person so not a older lady looking gown, I don't look good on jumper gowns. I was not successful in davids bridal. buget the least the better defenitly not more than $300 really can't even afford that

https://www.adriannapapell.com.....rt=58

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 5:19 pm
Thanks for this thread, hoping to hear suggestions here because I'm also plus size and have a wedding coming up.
I'm about a 3x and it's just so so difficult to find clothes in my size. Wish there'd be more plus size clothing options.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 9:23 pm
Try eshakti.com
I made a gown for a siblings wedding. Neckline, sleeve length and length are all customizable for 9.99 flat fee. I emailed that I needed it rushed and got it in time.
My cousin got one from there recently for her bil wedding.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 10:42 pm
David’s Bridal
Nordstrom
Lord & Taylor

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 11:24 pm
Tjmaxx.com

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 11:35 pm
I find that macys and nordstrom has a nice selection. They have more online than in store usually. When I needed a gown I ordered a bunch online tried on at home and returned the rest.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 12:58 am
Delete

Last edited by amother on Tue, Dec 24 2019, 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 12:58 am
Look at jcpenney. I just bought a 2x for myself for a wedding in the summer. Paid $80 sipped to store.

my mama

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 8:54 am
Something like this?

https://www.kiyonna.com/plus-s.....80902

Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics