Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Special Supper Ideas

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 10:48 am
Any ideas of something special I can make for supper on Chanukah?
its just me and my husband

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 10:50 am
Just a good supper that you guys like. We're having steak, potatoes and salad. With presents for the kids' dessert. Laugh

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 11:56 am
I like to do a mini potato kugel in a ramekin. Then I take it out. Put on the center of plate. I put a meat on top and sauce around it.

Planning to make one night the latke flatbread pulled brisket.

I like to fill clear dreidels (the one that’s usually filled with candy) with ice cream. You can layer cookie crumbs and ice cream and then close it up. Looks like a dreidel mousse cup.

Love gnocchi. You can suite’ onions and pastrami and mix it up.

Well you wish I’ll get to make all these yummy foods. I come home from work late afternoon. I’ll seriously be happy if the house is semi clean and some food on the table

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 12:30 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
I like to do a mini potato kugel in a ramekin. Then I take it out. Put on the center of plate. I put a meat on top and sauce around it.

I like to fill clear dreidels (the one that’s usually filled with candy) with ice cream. You can layer cookie crumbs and ice cream and then close it up. Looks like a dreidel mousse cup.

Well you wish I’ll get to make all these yummy foods. I come home from work late afternoon. I’ll seriously be happy if the house is semi clean and some food on the table

Great ideas! Thanks!

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 2:14 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:

Latke flatbread pulled brisket -- is that like latke batter baked flat and then pulled brisket on top?

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 2:28 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Latke flatbread pulled brisket -- is that like latke batter baked flat and then pulled brisket on top?

Such an idea but not your exact latke recipe. It doesn’t have eggs. Maybe if I’ll have time I’ll go check exact recipe.

busy mommy

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 4:38 pm
I made corn dogs on sticks but the outside were latkes. (You have to squeeze out the liquid to make it stick) I would serve it with individual doughless potato knishes

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 6:21 pm
We had egg drop soup, shish kebabs, two tone baked fries and riced cauliflower. The best part was the singing and the presents.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 8:46 pm
ra_mom wrote:
We had egg drop soup, shish kebabs, two tone baked fries and riced cauliflower. The best part was the singing and the presents.

Yum. Can you post your shish kebab recipe?

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 8:52 pm
This was our special Chanukah supper:
Cream of asparagus soup (sauteed onions and spices, frozen asparagus, can of light coconut milk- cook and blend) with croutons
Blintzes
Salad with homemade dressing
Stuffed portobello mushrooms
Chocolate milk with marshmallows
Ice cream with chocolate caramel cream

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 9:28 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Yum. Can you post your shish kebab recipe?

I cubed and marinated club steak in crushed garlic, olive oil, kosher salt and a splash of red wine vinegar. Soaked wooded skewers. Threaded the cubes onto skewers and broiled for few minutes on each side.

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Dec 23 2019, 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 10:29 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I cubed and marinated club steak in a crushed garlic, olive oil, kosher salt and a splash of red wine vinegar. Soaked wooded skewers. Threaded the cubes onto skewers and broiled for few minutes on each side.

Thank you!

pause

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 10:32 pm
Cream of Chicken soup
Minute Steak
Mashed potatoes
3 color roasted mini peppers

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 10:36 pm
Latkes!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics