Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Israel in winter with kids

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 12:54 pm
Hi,

I am iyh coming to Israel end of Jan for 10 days with my husband and 4 kids ages 1.5-9.5, and wondering if anyone has any good ideas of which places to go to? We were there once with the kids 3 years ago. We want to go up north to kevarim and looking for an idea for something fun to do to break it up. Any ideas? Is there boating in kinneret at this time of year? What about ein bokek and dead sea? Is it warm enough to go to the beach there? my kids love beach/swimming/boating if anyone has any leads for that I would appreciate it. All ideas appreciated!! thanks!

shanarishona

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 1:23 pm
I’m interested to hear ideas too

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 2:51 pm
Way too cold for the beach then, although you can just let them play in the sand.
You could try חמת גדר, it's got natural hot springs and it is up north.
Also גן השלושה is north (though near Bet Shean area), and the water in the natural pools there stays 28 C all yr if I am not mistaken. It will be cold though.

If it's not raining cats and dogs, you can hike around the Banias or the Dan.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 4:34 pm
The only beach you can really go to at that time of year is Eilat. Depending on the weather, there may be boat trips in the Kinneret.

Bear in mind that visiting Kivrei Tzadikim is not fun if it is pouring rain and freezing. Especially with children. Though it could also be brilliantly clear and sunny.

If you are in the north anyway, would a day skiing on the Hermon work? Or if the snow isn't deep enough for skiing yet, I think there are other activities there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions