Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
BOYS High Schools with Athletic programs and DORM
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 6:27 am
DrMom wrote:
Wow -- a great student, a star athlete, and strong yiddishkeit. Quite the Renaissance Man!

You are very lucky to have such a well-rounded and accomplished son. I hope you find something. Lots of nachat!

Thanks BH he IS a good boy!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 9:29 am
Unfortunately MAY and Rambam do not have dorms. They look like great schools for this DS.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 9:34 am
Just trying to get a fuller picture to see if any other things pop in my head, but how was Skokie not a good fit? The boys I know who went there and succeeded are super-academic, motivated students.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 9:48 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Just trying to get a fuller picture to see if any other things pop in my head, but how was Skokie not a good fit? The boys I know who went there and succeeded are super-academic, motivated students.

I feel ridiculous writing these things as sports is so not important to me...

Skokie sounds like an amazing school but I spoke to the main Rebbe and they do not even have a gym. They borrow from another school and sometimes it is available in the evenings. The only competitive sports team they have is basketball. It wouldn’t be enough reason to move my son from where he is and out of the house.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 10:25 am
Rambam, DRS and MTA all seem very similar hashkafically, academically and in terms of the type of families the boys come from, so if Rambam seems ideal you should seriously consider MTA.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 10:48 am
If MAY and Rambam sound so perfect and the only issue is the lack of a dorm, could you try to find a local family that he could board with for the same amount of money you would have anyway spent on the dorm? Do you have family or friends in that area, or could the schools help you find a family that sends there that could use the extra income?

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 11:32 am
Agree, I think your best bet is to find a boarding situation.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 11:36 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Rambam, DRS and MTA all seem very similar hashkafically, academically and in terms of the type of families the boys come from, so if Rambam seems ideal you should seriously consider MTA.

I know MTA has a lot of sports and extracurricular activities. My brother went there.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 1:24 pm
Maybe try Heichal in nj.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 3:07 pm
Yeshiva of Minneapolis

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 3:10 pm
Minneapolis has competitive sports? The only sports I know about is M"S hockey.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children