Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
White guest linen?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 11:18 pm
When we got a guest room, my MIL picked out her own linen for the room since she uses it more than anyone else. She picked white as she likes the hotel look.
Now I am having my first guest besides her fir sleeping over. Is white linen ok for a couple or BAD idea. Like nidda wise.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 11:27 pm
If that is what you have, just use it. I don't think its a problem

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 11:29 pm
Of course it’s potentially a problem for married female guests. But it’s what you have.

I’m curious why PP says it’s no problem?

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 11:33 pm
The guests will be sleeping with underwear and pajamas. Of course it’s not a problem. It’s only a problem if one has no barrier between the white material and the body.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 11:34 pm
My MIL has white linen with red rose petals on it in her guest room. I always tell DH that I wish I cud tell her how much anxiety I have from it the rose petals are different shades of red and I'm worried that I'll leak. It's looks like a linen set full of blood stainds 😠

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 11:46 pm
White is very in. I don’t know why. But it gets pushed to kallah as their expensive hotel style set to buy.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 12:29 am
As a guest, I would generally appreciate a dark colored or patterned sheet set so I don't have to stress about getting it dirty (not that I generally do, obviously). If I need white I bring it along.

But I wouldn't be upset if the sheets were white, I'd appreciate even more that I was being hosted.

agreer

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 12:33 am
I wouldn't think twice as long as they are fresh and clean.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 12:51 am
If you have white, it is what it is.

For other people shopping: The anxiety white sheets gives me is enough to make me stay home honestly. Maybe that's just me. Once I was a guest, I was on my period and terrified I'd leak or something that I kept waking up every two hours to check...

Ruchel

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 6:55 am
Older people forget white isn't ideal, but yes it's the hotel look

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 7:02 am
It doesn't bother me in a hotel...but the person washing the linen doesn't know who slept on it. I guess it would stress me if I had my period though...lately I have been getting a lot of blood clots which can make me leak however much protection I use and I do sometimes leak.

Personally I would have an extra set of dark coloured linen if possible. Especially if guests have a baby or small kids.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 7:36 am
Yes, it stresses me to if I have my period, but I know not to expect anything as a guest

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 8:03 am
Could be a niddah issue (but the woman can improvise and put a colored piece of fabric beneath her if she desires), but I'd be more worried about unsightly stains from makeup etc that show up a lot more on white.

meme6

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 8:05 am
I have white linen for my guest room regarding nidda no one has said anything. But I hate it! Everything shows in it the pillowcases have makeup marks etc

little neshamala

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 8:17 am
Wow, im going to be the odd one out. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! NO NO NO NO NO.

For people like me, who have been known to have staining issues that can pop out of nowhere (gyn says its fine), white sheets are an absolute nightmare. Even if im wearing clothing in between-the stress of the possibility of blood going through and landing on the white sheet-which is totally possible-is absolutely awful. If I was your guest I would be very very upset.
Ive had plenty of times where id stain heavily on colored, and be fine, but if only a dime sized ammount went through to white linen wouldve made me nida.
Sorry OP, nope. Id be very very upset with white linen, and I would probably try to think of any creative way for me not to sleep on it.

(On another note, WHYYYYYYYY are the bathrobes in the monsey mikvah white??? Ive had such a problem because of that....there are only a few colored ones available...its so not cool!!)

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 8:18 am
Question ladies,
Has anyone actually ever spotted on a sheet when they didn't have their period and were sleeping in underwear and pajamas?
Just curious as I have never had such a situation at all (don't use hormonal BC). My period is extra heavy and gross, (Perimenopause and fibroids are delightful) but t I know to put a chuck down and wear an enormous pad and tampon and change constantly-don't sleep well. But I would have that with any linen -I wouldn't want to dirty green, grey, or pink.
Makeup and smutz would make me self-conscious on somebody else's white linen, as if it looks pristine I wouldn't wanna get it dirty, and if it's in pristine I would feel like it was gross.

FYI,for that reason, I usually bring a pillow case, when I go away to someone's home

cozyblanket

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 8:52 am
Guest room linen should be colored.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:57 pm
Please please get none white colored linen.
I have learned to actually bring my own sheet but that’s after having to lay down a bathrobe or get creative in other ways.

I didn’t realize ppl don’t sleep with white if not during shivas nekiyum.
As a Kallah teacher said she once spoke to a rav when she had a problem with the white crotch on tights. He said why where you wearing them.
Never assume anything just because it hasn’t happened yet.
Don’t do anything that can potentially get you in trouble.

mommyhood

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 2:13 pm
I would never use white for myself and wouldn’t use it for married guests. If a full new set of linen isn’t in the budget, can you get a set of colored coordinating fitted sheets?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 2:19 pm
I never use white linen if I have a choice (don't do it for sheva nekiim either)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics