Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
How to deal with school pushing flu shot
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:21 am
I refuse to give my 3 yr old the flu shot, but the school is harassing me to give it or my child will no longer be allowed into school after December 31.
What can I do?
I never gave it to any of my children. ☹️

octopus

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:28 am
If you live in NYC, its illegal to attend school or daycare without it (only for ages 0-5).unless you have medical exemption (ex. Your kid is allergic to egg). Yes, its annoying. I agree.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 2:32 am
Trust me it's more annoying if he gets the flu.
Give him the shot and stop making a bigger deal out of it than it is.

Or you take choice number 2, no flu shot and you keep your child home.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 8:45 am
I have to give one child who attends public school the flu shot. I don't give the other children. I give it, although I prefer not to. You do what you have to do, and you see it's fine. Just don't think too much about it!

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 8:59 am
This is what it's come to: Either you vaccinate, or you homeschool. As more vaccines will become mandated, you either submit to the will of Big Pharma and Big Brother who know better than you what your kid needs, or you opt out of the system entirely and homeschool your kid. Sad state of affairs.

If you want to become active in fighting these mandates, you can join a facebook group called HPV and FLU SHOT AWARENESS NY. They are fighting tooth and nail so that flu doesn't become mandated for all of NYS all ages as well as HPV which is an STD.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 9:03 am
Give your kid the flu shot.

fleetwood

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 9:36 am
[quote="amother [ Smokey ]"]This is what it's come to: Either you vaccinate, or you homeschool. As more vaccines will become mandated, you either submit to the will of Big Pharma and Big Brother who know better than you what your kid needs, or you opt out of the system entirely and homeschool your kid. Sad state of affairs.

If you want to become active in fighting these mandates, you can join a facebook group called HPV and FLU SHOT AWARENESS NY. They are fighting tooth and nail so that flu doesn't become mandated for all of NYS all ages as well as HPV which is an STD.[/quote

I'm confused..wouldn't big pharma rather we not vaccinate..and then spend a ton of money fighting the disease your kid will eventually get?]

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 9:37 am
If the school demands it, you give it. It's not something to make an issue about.

cnc

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 9:37 am
I hate the flu shot as well .
I only give it to my kids that are under five because it’s legally required .

The school doesn’t have a choice and it’s not fair to not abide by the rules.

If you can’t do it then homeschool.

bnm

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 10:03 am
Keep the kid home.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 10:15 am
[quote="fleetwood"]
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
This is what it's come to: Either you vaccinate, or you homeschool. As more vaccines will become mandated, you either submit to the will of Big Pharma and Big Brother who know better than you what your kid needs, or you opt out of the system entirely and homeschool your kid. Sad state of affairs.

If you want to become active in fighting these mandates, you can join a facebook group called HPV and FLU SHOT AWARENESS NY. They are fighting tooth and nail so that flu doesn't become mandated for all of NYS all ages as well as HPV which is an STD.[/quote

I'm confused..wouldn't big pharma rather we not vaccinate..and then spend a ton of money fighting the disease your kid will eventually get?]

Vaccines are a liability free product.
Over 7 percent of kids are on meds.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 11:03 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Trust me it's more annoying if he gets the flu.
Give him the shot and stop making a bigger deal out of it than it is.

Or you take choice number 2, no flu shot and you keep your child home.

If the vaccine wouldn’t cause flu, or if it would be effective, that would be a whole different story.
There are just too many cases by my relatives, friends, etc where flu showed up about 2 weeks to a month after vaccine.

chayamiriam

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 11:10 am
Just keep your child home!

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 11:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If the vaccine wouldn’t cause flu, or if it would be effective, that would be a whole different story.
There are just too many cases by my relatives, friends, etc where flu showed up about 2 weeks to a month after vaccine.

The vaccine doesn’t cause the flu. It may cause flu-like symptoms. If someone gets the flu within (I believe?) two weeks of getting the vaccine, they were exposed before.

Signed,
Someone who only gives the vaccine to those for whom it is mandated.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 11:24 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
The vaccine doesn’t cause the flu. It may cause flu-like symptoms. If someone gets the flu within (I believe?) two weeks of getting the vaccine, they were exposed before.

Signed,
Someone who only gives the vaccine to those for whom it is mandated.

This year, the vaccine is absolutely causing the flu in many many vaccinated people. They tested positive, after 2 weeks to a month after the vaccine.
There are just too many cases I know of for me to ignore it.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 11:26 am
My gosh!!! Some people make big deals just to make a big deal!!!!
Of course give him the flu shot!!! Unless you enjoy his company 24/7...

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 11:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This year, the vaccine is absolutely causing the flu in many many vaccinated people. They tested positive, after 2 weeks to a month after the vaccine.
There are just too many cases I know of for me to ignore it.

If the virus in the vaccine is dead, that's not possible afaik.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 11:34 am
He flu shot doesn’t CAUSE the flu. Testing positive a month after the shot doesn’t mean the shot caused it. It means the kid got a different strain of flu, or that the flu is so strong that even if the kid is vaccinated they still got it. I’m home w 2 flu kids the past week. They both got the shot. I still don’t regret giving it cuz I know I did the right thing. Whatever happens after happens. But if there’s a one percent chance that my other kids don’t get it cuz they’re vaccinated, or that these 2 kids aren’t that sick because they’re vaccinated it was already worth it.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 11:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

There are different types of flu. Educate yourself. Read about the vaccines and the illnesses they prevent.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 11:59 am
delete
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics