Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
AGS/Apex Healthcare

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 10:19 am
I have recently moved to Monsey and looking for an office job. I have seen ads in the local papers for this company. It seems to be exactly what I’m looking for - large frum office, etc. However whoever I mentioned it to kind of discouraged me saying that there’s a lot of issues there and I should stay away. That should be enough for me but like I said it sounds like an ideal setup for me. Has anyone worked there who can tell me what it’s like so I can make a decision and see if this makes sense for me?

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 10:30 am
I heard bad things about them and I spoke to one person who worked there and may still work there. She’s treated really badly. The fact is they have a constant ad running for over a year. That should say something about a place, if their staff turnover is so often that they need new staff ALWAYS.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 10:51 am
thunderstorm wrote:
I heard bad things about them and I spoke to one person who worked there and may still work there. She’s treated really badly. The fact is they have a constant ad running for over a year. That should say something about a place, if their staff turnover is so often that they need new staff ALWAYS.

I may be a masochist but can you elaborate? What dept did she work in. I thought the long running after was because I heard that they keep on expanding and getting new clients

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 11:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I may be a masochist but can you elaborate? What dept did she work in. I thought the long running after was because I heard that they keep on expanding and getting new clients

This one person worked in the accounting dept and has worked there for a number of years. They hired a new 19 yr old and demoted this experienced person overnight without discussing it with her and lowered her pay as well and then expected her to train the new people in etc. This was one person’s story told directly to me. (Happened a few years ago) My DH told me he knows the person running the place and that I should stay far away.
For me this is enough to stay away. I’ve also had interest in the positions they offer but I’m staying away from even trying. But if you have guts and can handle being degraded in the office place then go for it. Some people don’t care about these types of things.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 11:47 am
Agreed stay away.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 12:42 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Agreed stay away.

You know of anything more?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 12:43 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
This one person worked in the accounting dept and has worked there for a number of years. They hired a new 19 yr old and demoted this experienced person overnight without discussing it with her and lowered her pay as well and then expected her to train the new people in etc. This was one person’s story told directly to me. (Happened a few years ago) My DH told me he knows the person running the place and that I should stay far away.
For me this is enough to stay away. I’ve also had interest in the positions they offer but I’m staying away from even trying. But if you have guts and can handle being degraded in the office place then go for it. Some people don’t care about these types of things.

Of course I don’t want to be degraded but wow
I am actually interested in an accounting job...

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 1:08 pm
I have a friend who works there. The only thing she told me is that it's very full time. 9:00 to 5:30 in the accounting department.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 2:54 pm
I think in this like these kind of hours are unavoidable. I would think you can negotiate for less hours once you are there for a bit. I would discuss this at an interview with any company

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 2:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think in this like these kind of hours are unavoidable. I would think you can negotiate for less hours once you are there for a bit. I would discuss this at an interview with any company

That's the thing, I heard you cant. Not negotiable.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 2:58 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
That's the thing, I heard you cant. Not negotiable.
This. The woman that told me about her experience was with me at jury selection and she was all freaked out. Because they do not negotiate. She was so scared to get jury duty and as it was she told me she worked full time and took home work with her to finish at home at night (she didn’t get paid for that time she worked at home but it was expected of her to complete whatever it was by the next day)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 3:07 pm
It’s illegal penalize someone for jury duty. She should report it to HR or an outsider.

Cookiegirl

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 3:12 pm
You can PM me if you'd like...we are in the same building as Apex and my company has an opening in Accounts Payable if that is of interest. Also a (mostly) frum office.

Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 3:16 pm
Cookiegirl wrote:
You can PM me if you'd like...we are in the same building as Apex and my company has an opening in Accounts Payable if that is of interest. Also a (mostly) frum office.

Hatzlacha!

Thanks I’m looking for a senior/managerial accounting position

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 3:25 pm
One of the people I asked a few days ago just got back to me that there’s apparently a few managers in accounting and some are better than others but you can’t pick which manager you’ll get. I think I’m pretty convinced to stay away but what’s with all this secrecy. If it’s for a purpose then it’s not lashon hora but the kind of cryptic feedback I’m getting makes me think there’s hostages there or like a mafia running the place where they will kill you and your family for talking.

Anyone know of other financial companies in monsey or surrounding areas Like Mahwah, Montvale, etc looking for accountants?

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Sep 13 2022, 11:08 am
Bumping. Does anyone have recent information? Considering a position within the accounting department...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics