Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
If you chose not to nurse after nursing in the past
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 10:40 am
Was your recovery a million times easier?!? Im having an extremely easy recovery. Went to the mikvah 3.5 weeks PP and overall my hormones seem to be very under control. No random unexplained crying... I cant believe people feel this good after childbirth! It completely changed my outlook towards having another one. I needed long breaks in the past to get over the trauma emotionally but now bh I feel so much better... ! Anyone have a similar experience?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 10:42 am
I chose this topic on purpose cuz there is no hug button and im not interested in all the pro- breastfeeding people hugging me..

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 10:43 am
I only have one child (and chose not to nurse) but I had a very tough recovery (physically: vacuum extraction etc) but you seem to be talking about emotional recovery (hormones) which honestly I can’t speak to. I don’t typically find myself effected by hormones that much.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 11:10 am
I dont think nursing makes you more hormonal. Maybe you just had an easier labor/delivery this time around.
I nursed both babies and first recovery was hell cried was in pain constantlybecause it was the first one and that's how my body handled it.
2nd baby I had much better labor&delivery and felt amazing within the first week. Was out and about and happy!
Exclusive breastfed both babies.
Both babies I went to mikvah at week 5.

I just dont see connection between breastfeeding and recovery. If anything it's better for your body(utures) and hormones to BF

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 11:14 am
I’ve nursed all my children until I went back to work, and now I’m expecting, and have been debating not nursing this time. I find the nursing extremely painful and difficult. Could I ask how you did it - did you take something to prevent your milk from coming in? Thank you for opening this thread.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 11:22 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I’ve nursed all my children until I went back to work, and now I’m expecting, and have been debating not nursing this time. I find the nursing extremely painful and difficult. Could I ask how you did it - did you take something to prevent your milk from coming in? Thank you for opening this thread.

I went to tj maxx before I gave birth and bought very tight sports bras (2 is enough) wore it all day and in the shower. After showering I hung it to dry and switched to a dry one. Bh I had little to no pain. Im very grateful!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 11:26 am
I love hearing different responses but I want to point out that saying "I nursed both and one recovery was easy and one was hard" doesnt really answer my question.
Same for "I had a hard recovery w.o nursing"
Of course I know that a lot of other things come into account but id specifically love to hear from those who had both breastfeeding and non breastfeeding experiences...

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 11:27 am
I've only nursed one baby and it was my hardest recovery by far. By a different baby I nursed for afew weeks and I wasn't getting back to myself. I switched to bottle feeding and bh got back to myself. Nursing for me is very exhausting.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 11:42 am
I nursed one and my recovery was so difficult on so many levels. The second time around I decided not to breastfeed and like you, have found that to be the best decisions ever made. My recovery was a lot easier and I was able to be more present for my baby and my other kid. I chose a good formula and my baby was well nourished and well fed. The formulas nowadays contain many nutrients and vitamins and for me it was a lifesaver!

talented

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 11:44 am
I nursed my first two, very very successfully.. They slept through the night from very early on, so I had my nights if I wanted to. They both gained beautifully, overall a very positive experience.

Yet, when I gave birth about 5 years later I decided not to nurse for some reasons. Nothing earthshattering, just a simple choice.

My experience was amazing as well!!!! He thrived and my other children and family members and particularly one friend were able to enjoy my baby as well.

Just do what your heart desires and IGNORE all naysayers!

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 11:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I went to tj maxx before I gave birth and bought very tight sports bras (2 is enough) wore it all day and in the shower. After showering I hung it to dry and switched to a dry one. Bh I had little to no pain. Im very grateful!

Can I private message you? A friend gave me amazing advise that worked.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 11:48 am
Thank you! Any other tips about how to not nurse without becoming engorged would be very appreciated Smile I would like to try it this time because nursing was so difficult for me in the past.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 11:52 am
Nobody talks about the immense pain you have after birth from nursing. I was told it's the uterus contracting. I felt like I was in labor but didn't get an epidural just a tylenol.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 11:53 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:

Im long past that stage but maybe PM the mother who is expecting who asked the original question ..

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 12:09 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Thank you! Any other tips about how to not nurse without becoming engorged would be very appreciated Smile I would like to try it this time because nursing was so difficult for me in the past.

Sports bras 24x7 for the first week. My recovery was so hard elsewhere in my body that I didn’t even feel engorged

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 12:39 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Nobody talks about the immense pain you have after birth from nursing. I was told it's the uterus contracting. I felt like I was in labor but didn't get an epidural just a tylenol.

Not only do they not talk about it. They specifically tell you at lamaze classes that if nursing is painful you are doing something wrong. Really??!! The toe curling pain that I had every time the baby latched ? What am I doing wrong? Nobody had answers for me..

Ruchel

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 1:00 pm
After my fifth, I lo alenu lost my grandmother pretty early and I started doing like half half because I couldn't handle full time nursing
Yes, the contractions are real, in french we call them tranchées - like the wartime trenches. It is soooo hard. BH my hospital gives whatever I need - be it doliprane or morphine. I wouldn't nurse otherwise.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 1:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I chose this topic on purpose cuz there is no hug button and im not interested in all the pro- breastfeeding people hugging me..

Perhaps it would be best if there were a way to disable the hug button in any forum.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 1:11 pm
Nursing was always a huge challenge for me. It was very very stressful I am sure that if I had removed the added stress and pain of nursing I'd feel much better after childbirth. I couldn't not nurse because I had too much guilt, it finally took my doctor who told me to stop nursing my fifth at just shy of 6 months. I really should have given up from the start. Women for whom nursing is easy cannot understand this. It's just not worth it sometimes.

pmom

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 1:14 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:

would love to hear your advice. can you PM me?
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics