Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO a reliable cleaning lady in BP, 3 hours per week

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 1:36 am
How do I find one, besides word of mouth?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 10:48 am
If only I knew...

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 11:58 am
Next door.com

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 2:24 pm
It would be nice if someone was willing to go for 3 hours. The issue is they then need to jump from job to job in order to make a living. I am having such a hard time paying for more hours but have only been able to get reliable help when I take them for a substantial amount of time. It has to be worth it for them so that they only need to go to one job per day of each week.
When my lady is finished I've had neighbors ask her to come to her for a short while but she's not interested because when she does 2 small jobs that means 2x the heavy lifting of 2x the amount of bathroom scrubbing and 2x the amount of back breaking floor washing. When she does one home a day, half the time she's doing heavy duty work like bathrooms and floors and the other half she's polishing furniture, wiping things down, organzing and folding laundry.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 6:00 pm
A cleaning lady willing to come for 3 hours a week doesnt exist any more?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 7:50 pm
What are your expectations of what would be done in a 3 hour time frame? Three hours is a relatively short period of time and if you are messy and/or have more than a one bedroom/one bathroom home.

In terms of finding a cleaning person, word of mouth is the best but if that doesn't provide you with leads, then you would need to use either an agency or another form of professional cleaning service. In my experience, these tend to be quite expensive and have high turnover so you are continually dealing with new workers who you have to train and supervise. For the same price, you could probably hire somebody for a full day and pay them directly rather than pay a huge percentage to the agency.

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 9:52 pm
I don't live in NY but IME most cleaning ladies won't come for less than 4 hours. It's funny that of all places there is a shortage in NY when in other areas it's the opposite. If people really want cleaning help they should pay liveable wages .

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 28 2019, 10:22 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
In my experience, these tend to be quite expensive and have high turnover so you are continually dealing with new workers who you have to train and supervise. For the same price, you could probably hire somebody for a full day and pay them directly rather than pay a huge percentage to the agency.

Not my experience. Ive had the same cleaning lady for 3 hours weekly, for 3-4 years at a time, until they each went back to their country. Ive never had a problem finding one until now.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Dec 29 2019, 12:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not my experience. Ive had the same cleaning lady for 3 hours weekly, for 3-4 years at a time, until they each went back to their country. Ive never had a problem finding one until now.

If you have success using an agency which sent the same woman every week for an extended period of to,e, why don’t you just keep using the agency with whim you have established a good relationship.

My experience is that agencies charge much more per hour than someone hired directly and because the cleaner receives much less per hour, they go out on their own as soon as they can find enough work on their own.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 29 2019, 12:42 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
If you have success using an agency which sent the same woman every week for an extended period of to,e, why don’t you just keep using the agency with whim you have established a good relationship.

My experience is that agencies charge much more per hour than someone hired directly and because the cleaner receives much less per hour, they go out on their own as soon as they can find enough work on their own.

I always found easily through WOM. I never once used an agency. Looks like theres more of a demand now and less of a supply.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries