Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
How do I respond to this

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 11:54 am
My ds 14 is a very mature nice kid. Good in lots of things trys to listen accept when something doesnt go his way he can act out in very disrespectful ways!!
He was very chutzpa today answering back and I feel its time to show that im not a smhatta in the house and he cant talk to me in such disrespectful ways, sometimes I do ignore but when its a real bad chutzpa and have guts to talk like this, I need to take action and im like lost how to go about it. I did tell him he shouldnt dear talk to me like that . He answered that im disrespectful to my mom too which im very bothered he said it because its never true! He lied that im disrespectful to my mom and thats not the case @ all! (Dono where he takes that from) im extra careful with when it comes to respect and I really dont know why he said that and besides that I find it to be chutzpa to answer back to me like that . especially when its a lie . . How woould u go about it? Im just so angry @ him right now , he knows he did wrong but he wont admit it. I can hardly handel him now when a few things happens @ once. Like I keep reminding him to make his bedroom its a hudge mess going on there. its his own room , almost never cleans away his stuff .. its just hard to handel teens especially, im thinking for the next year to send him dorm.

Surrendered

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 12:04 pm
14 year old is a teenager. You need to talk to him like an adult. You cant pressure him or he'll spit back, which he already does. Ignore his negative comments and behavior.
At an opportunity When he and you are calm, relaxed atmosphere, have a sweet conversation with him regarding his responsibilities and that his room it not your issue. Tell him That he is an adult and He needs to take responsibility.
Do not scream at him or talk to him like a child, it doesn't work.
Hatzlacha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)