Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Day care in montreal she dumped me one day to late....
1  2  Next

raizy

Post Thu, Sep 01 2005, 10:05 pm
I dont know what to call this so if anyone has a better name for it feel free to change it....

I am mad as h#$% ! a lady who was suppose to send her kid to my day care cancelled the ist day of the year. I am desperate looking for a 18 + kid for the month of sept and oct only. if anyone knows of anyone in mtl who has of a 18+ kid it would help me out tremondously.

the story goes like this I have some kids who are turning 18 mths in nov. so for the 1st two mounths I need a replacement name.

my question for u is the lady right or wrong to drop me form one day to the next . I worked with the lady kid for one yr and she just used me up. I feel that I was abused. in this sitation. she still owes me money . which I already know that I wont see again . and now she is bugging me on the phone keeps on calling to explain . she put her kid in school and she is regersetered bye me at the same time. huh u ask which dopey mother does that . well a mother who thinks that the whole world owns her and she USED ME UP

thanks for lettimg me rant it out... I am getting good at this rant lately....

Mommy912

Post Thu, Sep 01 2005, 10:29 pm
So sorry to hear this Raizy, you have my sympathies. This is really not a nice thing that she did! I can understand a mother changing her mind and not sending a child to school at all - you never know if a kid will be ready to go when you register months before, but double registering and last minutes notice is just not right!
Do you charge registration money? If you did then you would at least have something. I have been asked sometimes for registration+first months tuition. You could definitely ask her to pay for newspaper advertisements/signs looking for a replacement. She caused you a monetary loss so I will give you the standard Imamother.com answer: ASK A ROV!! Smile

(don't know anyone around my neighborhood to fill the slot - the transportation would be too expensive!)

raizy

Post Thu, Sep 01 2005, 11:02 pm
she cost me a least 600 hundred dollars in damages..... who will sign up for only two mounths in such a short notice. and I dont need the kid to show up . I have enough kids in my day care just not the right age... too many under 18 months right now....

hey its me

Post Thu, Sep 01 2005, 11:12 pm
its not easy, I work in a store and I tell u some people have zero self respect for others its unreal, im shocked!!

I feel for u, its awfull being used by someone, I hope ur able to fix the situation for the better!

g'luck

Mommy912

Post Thu, Sep 01 2005, 11:32 pm
How about offering the slot to Yael for her son? It sounds like she could use a break!

lucky

Post Fri, Sep 02 2005, 7:46 am
Sadly there are people who think the world revolves around them.They feel they have a right to use others. I really hope this works out for you.

raizy

Post Fri, Sep 02 2005, 1:12 pm
thanks for your kind words yael lives on the other end of the island. for all I know she lives in im buck too...

my hubby just told me that it is more like over 800 dollars that she cost me... that is one morgage payment... I hope my sisters will scout around for me and find someone real fast. everyone pray for me.

Tovah

Post Sat, Sep 03 2005, 10:44 pm
all you need is for someone to sign the paper, that she sendind her child, and if the gov't checks on you say she's sick. and most of the time n/o checks.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 03 2005, 10:52 pm
uh...Tovah. That sounds dishonest and illegal. Why would you recommend that ?

raizy

Post Sat, Sep 03 2005, 11:25 pm
your 100 % right tovah . but in my case the kid who has the slot and comes every day to me is only 16 months and I need a replacement so I should get payed for sept and oct.

Mommy912

Post Sat, Sep 03 2005, 11:36 pm
Tovah wrote:
all you need is for someone to sign the paper, that she sendind her child, and if the gov't checks on you say she's sick. and most of the time n/o checks.

Does this mean that in Montreal the government pays for child care at 18 months? Here in the US it usually comes out of the parents' pockets.

raizy

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 12:33 am
yes the gov payes from when ure baby is born. I had 3 weeks old and the gov payes . they want your tax money . for them they are happy when both parents work. that means more tax money for them get it.....crazy but true....

buba123

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 12:30 pm
Tovah
Quote:

Are you for real? Are you suggesting that lying is OK? shock shock

queenie

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 1:24 pm
I can't believe what I am hearing? Who are you holy than thou pious people out there? Raizy can't be a little dishonest about her day care? Like all you judgemental people out there don't try to get discounts by paying cash? You guys pay your cleaning ladies by cheque and hand out T4's (or whatever you call it in the states) at the end of the year for all your cleaning and babysitting help? When you pay someone over $500 a year in cash for work done do you write it up and pay the guy properly? Do you let your painter charge you tax? Do you pay full price and pay cash when you shop in Montreal at the factories for you kids shabbos robes? Even you school does it. You get a tax receipt for school tuition?
Anyone here have a business? If the wife getting a cheque from the husband's business? From the father in law's business? Anyone here not really an employee of a business but you get a cheque? Anyone here or there husband get paid in cash?

hmmmm.... not so legal are you all eh?

Yeah, I thought so....

Let's see how you feel when you lose $800

And I have another one for you ALMOST american ladies. Anyone here live in the states but come back to Canada to give birth? Did you pay Canadian taxes this year? Or do you have a falsified medical card to get into a hospital? If you live out of Canada for 6months or more (that includes going to school) you are not legally allowed to cdn medical services. I can name five people that did that this year alone.

Now who wants to judge Raizy?

queenie

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 1:29 pm
My friend even told me the story of her sister in law in Montreal. She lives in NY and went back to Montreal to give birth. If that wasnt bad enough, she wanted to put her other kids in day care while she stayed with her mother for a month!!! Excuse me!! You don't live in Canada!!!! You chose to live in the states so go live there. You wonder why hospitals are so bad and slow? BC half the people don't pay taxes and use the services anyway. That's a big part of the problem. There are a lot of fake medical cards.

technic

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 1:46 pm
queenie Thumbs Up

Tovah

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 3:03 pm
2 ppl asked me to do it for them. what's the big deal? I don't know how these day care thing works does the gov't give you money? per child? if then fine your right but if it's an amount for everyone whats the diff how many kids u have?

buba123

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 7:19 pm
Queenie
Quote:
I can't believe what I am hearing? Who are you holy than thou pious people out there? Raizy can't be a little dishonest about her day care? Like all you judgemental people out there don't try to get discounts by paying cash? You guys pay your cleaning ladies by cheque and hand out T4's (or whatever you call it in the states) at the end of the year for all your cleaning and babysitting help? When you pay someone over $500 a year in cash for work done do you write it up and pay the guy properly? Do you let your painter charge you tax? Do you pay full price and pay cash when you shop in Montreal at the factories for you kids shabbos robes? Even you school does it. You get a tax receipt for school tuition?
Anyone here have a business? If the wife getting a cheque from the husband's business? From the father in law's business? Anyone here not really an employee of a business but you get a cheque? Anyone here or there husband get paid in cash?

hmmmm.... not so legal are you all eh?

Yeah, I thought so....

Let's see how you feel when you lose $800

And I have another one for you ALMOST american ladies. Anyone here live in the states but come back to Canada to give birth? Did you pay Canadian taxes this year? Or do you have a falsified medical card to get into a hospital? If you live out of Canada for 6months or more (that includes going to school) you are not legally allowed to cdn medical services. I can name five people that did that this year alone.

No to all of the above Confused

I know I'm not the frummest person out there, yet I feel it's not that frum to suggest to someone that they lie shock

I'm not sure that any Rav would give a heter to that. Yet, maybe in this case your Rav would ( Rolling Eyes ). And if yes, I apologize.

timeout

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 8:20 pm
Buba I agree you definitely should ask a Rabbi and if they feel since everyone else does it why not then u have a heter and gezunt aheit we all could definitley use the money especially when it sounds like Raizy was really counting on it !

Mandy

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 10:54 pm
I think its interesting how many people on this forum are very quick to judge people in matters of frumkeit. Oh no- did you know that some people touch when they are engaged ? Oh, no, did you know that some people have trouble keeping hilchos taharas hamishpacha initially? Somehow this sense of outrage is absent when it comes to other potentially wrong actions, in the areas of money, taxes and business.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics