Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
1st stage baby food question

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 6:13 am
I'm having trouble finding a variety of kosher stage one baby foods. My dr. suggested starting with veggies. I'm finding very few kosher stage 1 veggies. I really wanted to try giving her peas or butternut squash for her first veggie. Does anyone know of a company that has either of these kosher certified for stage 1?
What is the difference between stage 1 and stage 2 gerber foods? Can I just add liquid to the stage 2 one and thin them out or are there lumps in those? I don't remember. Baby is 4.5 months old if that makes difference.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 6:21 am
Only difference between stage 1 and stage 2 Gerber foods is the size of the container and kosher. Get the single ingredient stage twos and enjoy. Just pour a bit into a seperate bowl for feeding because it will take her days to finish a container at the beginning

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 6:51 am
Make your own. So much cheaper and you know what’s in it

essie14

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 7:01 am
Make your own.
It's really not hard and much cheaper. I bought the Ella's kitchen and Plum organics pouches for going out. But otherwise, just puree steamed veggies and freeze in ice cube trays. Pop out a cube when you need it.

sarahmalka

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 7:16 am
essie14 wrote:
Make your own.
It's really not hard and much cheaper. I bought the Ella's kitchen and Plum organics pouches for going out. But otherwise, just puree steamed veggies and freeze in ice cube trays. Pop out a cube when you need it.

Exactly what I was going to say!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 7:16 am
essie14 wrote:
Make your own.

One new veg every 3-4 days please

srbmom

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 7:20 am
Parents choice from Walmart has many varieties of kosher options

Hashemlovesme1

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 8:27 am
Stage 2 is fine to start with, I found that some of them , especially the sweet potato and the squash, are more liquidy than others. Peas were a little thicker. All the fruits were thicker, I think.

cbg

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 8:51 am
Mashed Avocado, butternut squash, sweet potato, peas, carrots.
Just steam some and mash, thin down with leftover liquid

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 9:00 am
Taste "baby food", just one bite. Make your own.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 4:19 pm
Stage 2 butternut squash was a hit today!

I think I'm going to do the packages ones for a bit and then I'll start making my own (I have too much anxiety about perfectionism in it turning out just the right way and don't really have a way to properly puree them anyway so I'll do this for a bit and when she's a bit older I'll just so the mashed up and cut up foods.)

flowerpower

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 4:26 pm
I honestly never buy jars anymore. I start with mashed carrots from the soup and take it from there. The baby eats a few spoonfuls only. Not worth the price of jars

teachkids

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 6:05 pm
I’ll be the controversial one here: for the time when baby eats purées it’s easier for me to buy than to be on top of making them and defrosting them. I do switch baby to cut up grown up food by 6-7 months though

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 6:24 pm
Make your own... you can make a bunch and even freeze it in cubes.

Much healthier. The store bought ones have metals and preservatives in it to last on the shelf like that.

I made sweet potato tonight.
I make rice and mash with avocado.
Oatmeal.
Salmon.
My baby is 5 months and doctor said to feed baby whatever I eat (except honey and milk, I didnt start dairy)
Baby loves the soup on shabbos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics