Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Should I get a cabinet garbage and warming drawer?
Previous  1  2

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 4:29 pm
I don’t understand why it would smell any more than a regular garbage can. I take my garbage out daily, which I would do if I didn’t have it in a cabinet. The can I have is big and fits regular garbage bags. If I need the garbage next to the table or I want it near a counter that I’m cooking at I can just lift the can out of the tracks.

BetsyTacy

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 4:35 pm
I guess there must be different cabinet garbages out there. I am familiar with the kind that is an open trash can that is in the pullout. Since a kitchen's cabinets are often on an exterior wall and it is not necessarily hermetically sealed..well in my kitchen that it would be like sending an engraved invitation for mice to come in...

I have a nice garbage can from bed and bath which comes with a petproof/child proof lid.It is a step on can that has a nice option to "lock" it if necessary. I only do it when I really should have emptied the garbage but am too tired to go outside. Then I know it really is shut tight.

It matches my kitchen, wheels to the sink when necessary, is slim line, fits regular 13 gal garbage liners, and keeps the garbage smells contained.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 5:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
what size is a good size?

I turned over a can to check. We have 2 Rev-A-Shelf RV-35 cans in one pull out cabinet, back to back.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Re.....w_wcB

Our mechanism looks slightly different (because the tracks are toward the top, not below), but this is what ours looks like.
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.c.....w_wcB
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics