Home

City mini gt double vs Valco snap duo trend

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Dec 31 2019, 1:08 pm
Has anyone had both and can compare them? I like the look and the fold of the Valco but the sturdiness of the city mini.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Dec 31 2019, 5:48 pm
Bump.
Back to top

bsy




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Dec 31 2019, 6:30 pm
The valco is much lighter
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Dec 31 2019, 10:21 pm
bsy wrote:
The valco is much lighter


Do you think its less sturdy because of that?
Back to top

bsy




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Dec 31 2019, 10:22 pm
I can't say because I never had the city mini and I dont use my valco heavily. I really dont know.
Back to top

amother




Burgundy
 

Post  Wed, Jan 01 2020, 5:13 am
I don't know how wide the valco is, but my friend had the city mini and she found it too wide for her-it didn't fit through the front door of her apartment building and she hated it. She used 2 singles whenever she could. The fold is great on it though, and they do last. I like the look of the city tour double which is narrower.
Back to top

amother




Pewter
 

Post  Wed, Jan 01 2020, 6:59 am
I have the valco snap trend duo and love it! I find that it is plenty sturdy
Great for long shabbos walks, easy to fold and toss in the trunk of going out somewhere
Can't beat the sunshade
Don't have the gt to compare though...
Back to top

amother




Peach
 

Post  Tue, Jan 07 2020, 4:11 pm
I have the valco and can tell you it is certainly not durable. 15 months in and it's falling apart. Daily use btw. If I had to buy again I would probably go with the city mini.
They are equal in width.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Jan 08 2020, 1:11 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I have the valco and can tell you it is certainly not durable. 15 months in and it's falling apart. Daily use btw. If I had to buy again I would probably go with the city mini.
They are equal in width.


Good to know, thank you. What specifically is falling apart?
Back to top

amother




Peach
 

Post  Wed, Jan 08 2020, 8:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Good to know, thank you. What specifically is falling apart?

Well, the piece that holds the rear wheel in completely broke off. I used binding tape to hold it on.
In general the stroller, which was soooo easy to push in the beginning has become increasingly difficult to maneuver. The front wheels are completely unbalanced and nearly impossible to turn. Just not what I expected from a $700 stroller.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Jan 14 2020, 12:35 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Well, the piece that holds the rear wheel in completely broke off. I used binding tape to hold it on.
In general the stroller, which was soooo easy to push in the beginning has become increasingly difficult to maneuver. The front wheels are completely unbalanced and nearly impossible to turn. Just not what I expected from a $700 stroller.


Oh wow. That's not good Sad How's their customer service?
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Moved from the city to a suburb
by amother
3 Today at 9:10 am View last post
ISO vanilla bundt cake with mini chocolate chips 0 Sun, Feb 02 2020, 5:07 pm View last post
Israel-Did you have a city mini 4 wheeler
by 2gether
0 Thu, Jan 30 2020, 4:03 am View last post
Segway tour in the old city
by benny
3 Wed, Jan 29 2020, 2:41 pm View last post
Snap n Go + car seat recommendations
by amother
16 Wed, Jan 29 2020, 12:54 am View last post

Jump to: