Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you know anyone Jewish who had an Near Death Experience?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 4:14 pm
Is there anyone?

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 4:21 pm
I know people say they did but I have a hard time believing it. anyone that had surgury or was intubated can tell you that they "saw" or heard things and were hovering between life and death. I've had several major surguries and when on heavy narcotics and semi awake before anesthesia wore off saw and heard insane things and what some would call prophecies. I'll tell you its the drug result and nothing more. I dont believe any stories people say .

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 4:31 pm
I believe in Near Death Experiences and have read a lot on the subject. I believe the experience is different than simple hallucinations. I've heard of one such experience that happened to a frum person, tho I heard it third hand, but with the identity of the person it happened to, who everyone knew had a very public heart attack.
There's also a difference between an out of body experience - seeing one's own body from an angle/perspective outside of the body and hearing/seeing things accurately despite not being conscious - and I believe that is more common, often happening to those experiencing cardiac arrest, surgery, etc. That's different than an NDE, where someone believes they have entered a different dimension.
For non-believers, there's little you can say that will change their mind. For those who actually experienced it, it's something they will never forget.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 4:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is there anyone?

I personally know someone that had one. There’s a common thread from people that have had these experiences. There’s an interesting book by a neurologist who laughed at his patients that reported these experiences then he had it.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 4:39 pm
Look up alon anava

my mama

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 4:44 pm
My grandmother's best friend had an NDE. I don't remember all the details but if you want I can find out more for you

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 4:50 pm
my mama wrote:
My grandmother's best friend had an NDE. I don't remember all the details but if you want I can find out more for you

Yes, that would be great. Thank you!

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 5:10 pm
Alon Anava

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 5:15 pm
During the birth of one of her children my grandmother had a near death experience. She was bleeding out. She felt herself looking down at the body and piting the family of this dying lady...

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 5:26 pm
My husband was in a crazy car accident when he was single. The car flipped, the wheels fell off, and I think car caught fire (I'll ask to make sure). He was with a few friends, and miracle upon miracles everyone survived! My husbands face was cut up and gushing. He got out of the car first and he thought everyone else died. Bhbhbh everyone was OK!

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 5:39 pm
I had an out of body experience when I was intubated & under general anesthesia for a minor procedure. I did see doctors working on me for a min. I was hovering. Had like this dream of flying up/down. lightness/darkness.
Entering long dark hallway with light at end of tunnel, knowing that is gan eden. I asked that I want to see what gan Eden looks like. I was led by two of my deceased relatives at the side towards that entrance. When I got there, my deceased grandfather blocked the way & sent me back, saying I don't belong there yet. All of a sudden I flew back, that is when I saw myself on the table & woke up shortly after that from the procedure.

I know people don't believe me so I will stay anon not to be ridiculed.

My gmom also had such a type of story when she was very sick & totally out for a long while but came back. She said she met her deceased father while out but was embarrased to meet him because she didn't have a name for a great grandchild after him yet.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 5:44 pm
As in near death....Hospital was working 3 hrs on me to save my life & stabilize me when I flew in with Hatzoloh for severe pre-eclampsia.
I was conscious though. I also wasn't attached to any life support but we caught it a minute before it could've gotten ugly bh.

bsy

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 6:33 pm
Yes my grandmother did. Shes in the medical field so she'd know about side effects from meds etc. It was a real NDE

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 7:21 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
I had an out of body experience when I was intubated & under general anesthesia for a minor procedure. I did see doctors working on me for a min. I was hovering. Had like this dream of flying up/down. lightness/darkness.
Entering long dark hallway with light at end of tunnel, knowing that is gan eden. I asked that I want to see what gan Eden looks like. I was led by two of my deceased relatives at the side towards that entrance. When I got there, my deceased grandfather blocked the way & sent me back, saying I don't belong there yet. All of a sudden I flew back, that is when I saw myself on the table & woke up shortly after that from the procedure.

I know people don't believe me so I will stay anon not to be ridiculed.

My gmom also had such a type of story when she was very sick & totally out for a long while but came back. She said she met her deceased father while out but was embarrased to meet him because she didn't have a name for a great grandchild after him yet.

Wow, what a chilling experience.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 7:27 pm
My mother nearly drowned as a child and said she saw her dead grandparents and they sent her back.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 8:02 pm
Amother ginger, are you now less scared to die? (Of course when the time comes, not till 120)?

Jeanette

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 8:50 pm
Rachel Noam

https://www.amazon.com/View-Ab.....21788
https://www.rachelnoam.com/services

Also, the first volume of the Holocaust Diaries by Moshe Holczler has a chapter about a girl who had a near death experience. It was after the war and a girl went to the hospital to be treated for appendicitis. Instead the Nazi nurse tried to kill her, but she had an out of body experience and witnessed everything, and later testified at the nurse's trial. The nurse was so shocked at how she knew all the details that she confessed...

solo

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 9:05 pm
It wasn’t near death. But I had an out of body experience. It was during a very stressful time in my life I was driving a long stretch of highway on my own. And then I was somewhere above the car watching myself. I continued like that for the remainder of the drive and into the place I was going.
The experience scared me enough that I went to a psychologist who told me that that kind of out of body feeling is a not so uncommon side effect of hyperventilating. I thought hyperventilating was those loud short breaths ppl do in movies while breathing into a bag. But it’s not. It’s just shallow breaths that don’t supply enough oxygen.
Which would explain near death experiences that always come at a stressful/ traumatic time in a persons life. Of course if someone’s sure they had an out of body experience I wouldn’t dissuade then

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 9:47 pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UzS_r6k52Q4

clowny

Post Tue, Dec 31 2019, 9:50 pm
When I was once under anesthesia for an emergency c section caused by a left threatening complication, I saw myself flying up in the sky. I thought I was dead. But I think that’s a side effect of the anesthesia as I heard this from a few people.

I heard a first hand story from a teacher of mine back in high school. She was very sick. They were preparing for her levaya, if I remember right- burech dayan emes was already said.
I don’t remember exact details of how she described it. But I remember we were frozen. And then a miracle happened.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics