Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Super quick response to job application?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 3:40 pm
Hi,

First of all, I am someone with the most lousy luck ever when it comes to job hunting. Seriously, I can't even count the applications I have made in the last few years it must be in the hundreds or more. Anyway, last week I made an application to a job that was very appealing to me. The very same day, I received a response by email saying that they were really impressed with my application and they would very much like to meet me for an informal interview.
I'm just kind of freaked out because I have never received such a quick response (I normally never even hear back....). I just don't want it to be too good to be true I guess. Would you say the fact that they responded so quickly should make me more optimistic or is it kind of like a red flag in a way?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 3:43 pm
It just means they are a very organized office and committed to finding a candidate to fill the position. Smile

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 3:44 pm
was your application impressive?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 3:46 pm
Dump the loser mind.
Prepare for the interview well. Be very confident but dont oversell yourself.

Maybe talk to a career coach before because I am an HR Director and I can tell you a biggie;

the main thing in getting a job is HOW WELL YOU INTERVIEW.

momX4

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 3:49 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Dump the loser mind.
Prepare for the interview well. Be very confident but dont oversell yourself.

Maybe talk to a career coach before because I am an HR Director and I can tell you a biggie;

the main thing in getting a job is HOW WELL YOU INTERVIEW.

One more important thing, research the company. Google it until you find something about it. It will allow you to ask questions about their product/service and make you sound like a person that cared enough to research them.

singleagain

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 7:39 pm
I responseded to an ad on june 5 and got a response june 6. had an interview june 8. was hired on the spot and started the next monday, june 12. that was in 2017 and I've been happy at that job every since.

it's scary and overwhelming, but going for it was the best thing I ever did.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 7:46 pm
My bosses ask me to reach out to the candidates the same day their resume is sent to the company. If they like someone, they want to hire them quickly before someone else does.
Tip: always answer as soon as possible, the quicker you respond, the more efficient you look!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics