Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
No name wigs

MiriFr

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 8:21 pm
Totally out of curiosity, but when someone wears a "no brand" wig, is it actually no brand, or is it a regular (but hidden) brand without the tag?
I style wigs, and I always ask my beautiful ladies what brand the wig is just so I know what type of TLC it needs. I've styled quite a few "no tags". I just received one today, and it peaked my curiosity. So, what does it actually mean?

flmommy

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 8:24 pm
I think it means it was made by a factory in China and the sheitel macher doesn’t bother to name it. This is just a guess.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 8:26 pm
I have Kiki, Milano, Irene and Blush wigs that have item numbers sewn in which they use trace the wig when I bring them in for repairs but somehow they don't list the brand name. I should check my old Shevy too to see if the brand name was listed.

Edited to add: I misspoke. Only my Blush and my very old Milano aren't named.

ChutzPAh

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 8:57 pm
I’m curious of how you think the quality of the no name wigs compare to the expensive ones.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:00 pm
I have an Israeli relative who makes wigs in Israel and sells them exclusively, no name or label, to the top shaitel machers here in NY.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:15 pm
I have a “no-name” wig I purchased at a sale. The woman selling the wigs said because the wigs were heavily discounted, they only allowed the wigs to be sold tag free so that they don’t bring down the value of the brand.

MiriFr

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 11:27 pm
ChutzPAh wrote:
I’m curious of how you think the quality of the no name wigs compare to the expensive ones.

I would say they compare to the very basic, middle of the line, not-super-fancy companies (Irene, sary, e&c).

MiriFr

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 11:28 pm
tigerwife wrote:
I have a “no-name” wig I purchased at a sale. The woman selling the wigs said because the wigs were heavily discounted, they only allowed the wigs to be sold tag free so that they don’t bring down the value of the brand.

Did you buy it through Chaya Heilegman? She's hilarious! We worked closely together for a bit, and I begged her to tell me the real brands, but she refused.

bsy

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 6:19 am
MiriFr wrote:
Did you buy it through Chaya Heilegman? She's hilarious! We worked closely together for a bit, and I begged her to tell me the real brands, but she refused.

I have one of these
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels