Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
High Riser Metal Bar

Seeking Peace

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:33 pm
Hi Ladies,

I got a high-riser bed for one of my bedrooms. There is one mattress on top, and one mattress that pulls out on the bottom. There is a metal bar in the front of the bed (kind of looks like half a circle) and it really doesn't look nice. Does anyone have any idea of how I can cover or beautify it so it looks nice for the room? A baseboard or something? What do others do?

Thanks in advance.

Bleemee

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:36 pm
I am so curious what the purpose for it is. I noticed they all come like that now!

Seeking Peace

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:38 pm
The purpose for what? The bar? Who knows. But it looks really out of place- kind of like a bed from a jail. YIKES

mommyW

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 9:41 pm
Can you put something like a dust ruffle on top of that?

zaq

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 10:01 pm
I don’t understand. Maybe you can post a picture? Doesn’t the blanket cover up whatever it is you’re talking about!

Seeking Peace

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 10:32 pm
Hi thanks for the responses, the metal bar is in front of the mattress and is about 4 inches higher than the mattress so a blanket or dust ruffle wouldn't cover it.

lavenderchimes

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 10:37 pm
I would paint it. Gold, white, or some fun color!

Bleemee

Post Wed, Jan 01 2020, 10:47 pm
So I don't think that they all come like this, like I wrote before, but here's an image of what I'm referring to.
https://futonland.com/product/.....undle

zaq

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 7:55 am
The bars don’t look that high. How thick are your mattresses? . I have the same type of beds with eight-inch thick mattresses and the bars don’t reach the top of the mattress. They’re a nuisance when changing the linens because they hinder tucking the sheets under, but aside from that there’s no problem. They’re there because making and attaching a single U-shaped piece for each pair of legs is less work than making and attaching four individual legs. It’s also stronger, so the manufacturer can use flimsier metal.

If all you need is an inch or two of height, get a bunkie board or sheet of thick plywood cut to the size of the bed. Have the lumberyard saw off the corners because the bed frame is curved at the corners and the board may not fit exactly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics