Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Organizing my day

mra01385

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 7:28 am
Looking for tips on how to keep to daily schedule to get daily chores done and to keep my apartment organized and and not let clutter mostly from mail, newspapers/magazines and school papers build up during the week. I work in the afternoons, and I feel more tired after work to get things done.
Also looking for tips on how I can get myself to get to bed earlier. I’ve gotten myself into a bad habit of going to sleep around 1am and getting up at 7:30-7:45 to get kids ready for bus, then I’m tired in the morning so many times I go back to sleep and then the whole morning is wasted.

kollel wife

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 9:07 am
Is there anyone home with you during the morning?

You are definitely not getting enough sleep. Stop going to bed so late!! Just ignore everything except the basics until you get onto a better schedule. Don't clean up at night, you will do that in the morning. If everyone is gone in the morning, and you are rested, you can get a lot done.

Do you have cleaning help? What is the size of your house/apartment, how many children and what ages?

BatYisrael

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 10:59 am
do you go to bed same time as your husband? we used to not and then made an effort to start and that got us both thinking about going to bed earlier. also I use an app for daily tasks and checklists which is helpful in feeling accomplished and also not getting overwhelmed.

mra01385

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 6:42 pm
To kollel wife,
Yes, when my kids make the bus, they are out by 8am and then I have til 11:45 to get things done before I have to get ready for work. Also I don’t usually clean up that much at night cuz I’m too tired after my all my kids are sleeping which is usually after 9pm. Instead I stay up late to read, be on the computer or on my phone. This is my biggest problem. I do have cleaning help once a week. I have 3 bedroom apartment with 2 full bathrooms. I have 2 boys ages 10 & 7.

To bat Yisroel, thanks for the suggestion but I can’t always go to sleep the same time as my husband as a lot of times he goes to sleep by 9 or 10pm as he wakes up very early for work as he works far from where I live.

shanarishona

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 8:51 pm
Bat Yisrael-what app

Op
-
I have similar issue I’m working on

mra01385

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 9:22 pm
Shanarishona what are you doing that’s helping you?

shanarishona

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 9:33 pm
It’s 12:32 and I’m still up 🙃

Elfrida

Post Thu, Jan 02 2020, 10:13 pm
Get off imamother and go to bed.

BatYisrael

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 7:00 am
shanarishona wrote:
Bat Yisrael-what app

Op
-