Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
KETO VS ATKINS VS DUKAN
Previous  1  2

max

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 8:54 am
Another vote for weight watchers! The very definition of insanity is to keep doing the same things and expect a different result. Fruits and vegetables with lean protein reasonable portion sizes are a sustainable lifestyle if it’s fast it won’t last the diets you mentioned are all designed for a quick fix but most people will not be able to eat that way long term which will definitely result in regaining the weight with a bonus. You did not gain the weight overnight so you can’t expect to lose it overnight. It’s healthier to aim for a pound a week and keep it off.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 9:48 am
Weight watchers has a low carb option I would tell you to try that you can do it online!

I’m like you I feel horrid on carbs but I stick to low carb!
Go to an endocrinologist regarding PCOD sounds like you do have that and metformin might actually help you

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 10:03 am
If low carb is sustainable, then do it. Whichever form. Be patient. First, no cravings is no joke. Second, if you aren’t gaining it’s a win. If you want to discuss further, I’d say you need a couple of changes. I did that this will be your way of life, and two, you’re going to learn about how all this works. I’d highly suggest Jason Fung’s the obesity code. Also the NSNG PDF by Vinnie tortorich. You’re welcome to pm me. Sustainable is important. If you think you can, just keep going. And remember that it needs to be ongoing.alsoas you may know, I don’t do any particular ‘diet’. I don’t eat. Much in the way of carbs, I eat protein and fat. Ive lost a hundred pounds , the last twenty very slowly but continuously doing this since may 2017. What I do now is not exactly what I did in the start because I’ve evolved and learned.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Tue, Jan 07 2020, 10:10 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 10:05 am
Check out Dr Berg on YouTube.

Saved my life!

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 10:18 am
max wrote:
Another vote for weight watchers! The very definition of insanity is to keep doing the same things and expect a different result. Fruits and vegetables with lean protein reasonable portion sizes are a sustainable lifestyle if it’s fast it won’t last the diets you mentioned are all designed for a quick fix but most people will not be able to eat that way long term which will definitely result in regaining the weight with a bonus. You did not gain the weight overnight so you can’t expect to lose it overnight. It’s healthier to aim for a pound a week and keep it off.

Actually, while there is initially water loss on low carb diets, the reason they seem fast is that people stick to them. For someone who has reactions to eat from insulin reactions, those are resolved. Then the person can stuck to it. However. A word of warning. I’d not mix low fat weight watchers with low carb. I know the plan and a high protein ( let’s say free chicken breast) with low fat and low veg can be a real challenge. Moderate protein, higher fat and then low carb is the important mix of macros. No specific percentages but your body needs the fat to process all that high lean protein. I can tell you the physiology exactly if I can look it up.

IrenaFr

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 1:09 pm
I recommend this podcast, lots of medical information, interviews with cardiologists and many other doctors who use Keto in their practice, in different medical fields.
http://www.lowcarbmd.com/
Keto is not just “A diet” for weight loss, it’s very powerful medical intervention.

IrenaFr

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 1:10 pm
And Ducan is really not supported by any medical studies , same problem with Atkins - too much protein . Keto solved this problem and many more

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 11:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wouldn't do surgery now for a few reasons....I have very good control when I'm off carbs,and can stick 100% to any such diets...

Have you considered intermittent fasting? Also- every day you don’t gain weight is awesome...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise