Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
I need children w/ special needs for a commercial -mommy3b2c

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 11:00 am
Hi,

I need children with special needs to be part of a commercial for a basketball/fitness program. Boys and girls ages 3-12. Brooklyn area. This Sunday at 3:00 pm. There is no cash compensation, but your child will get a free session with some of the kindest, gentlest coaches out there. I will also send you the video when it’s completed. It can be an intellectual disability such as Down’s syndrome or physical such as cerebral palsy. (Or anything else. These are just two examples.) please let me know here or by pm if you are interested. Thank you!

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 11:03 am
Not in the bklyn area and my child's SN are not visually apparent, but just wanted to thank you for including the SN population. That inclusion fosters awareness and is so important to the SN population's sense of community and is so beneficial for the kindness and acceptance that typical peers can develop.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 11:04 am
I am also not in Brooklyn but as a new mother to the world of special needs (ironically I have been a special ed teacher for years ) I am starting to see how little is out there and would love to see more so I will 2nd another's thank you.

trixx

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 11:07 am
Have you tried contacting schools or orgs to let the secretary know to tell the parents? (would you want that?)

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 11:08 am
trixx wrote:
Have you tried contacting schools or orgs to let the secretary know to tell the parents? (would you want that?)

I would be fine with that, but it’s a bit of a late notice for that.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 12:55 pm
Bump

Stars

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 12:59 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Bump

Pm lifewithgadi on instagram, and upside_of_goni

If they're not available to do it they might have other leads for you.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 1:03 pm
Stars wrote:
Pm lifewithgadi on instagram, and upside_of_goni

If they're not available to do it they might have other leads for you.

You are the third person tell me to contact lifewithgadi. I’ve called her phone and texted. She’s not picking up.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 1:16 pm
Not in Brooklyn, so I don't know. Is there Friendship Circle or Yachad which has programming on Sunday morning. Can you possibly reach out to them and see if you can speak to any parents when they drop off or pick up?

cuties' mom

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 3:28 pm
If it would be something music related, ds would be there, but sports isn't his thing. He is really cute though, so if there is a way to make it enjoyable for him, maybe I would consider bringing him into Brooklyn. (We're in Manhattan.) He also loves treadmills, so if that's part of the program, let me know, and we'll be there.

mommy3b2c

Post Sat, Jan 04 2020, 9:33 pm
cuties' mom wrote:
If it would be something music related, ds would be there, but sports isn't his thing. He is really cute though, so if there is a way to make it enjoyable for him, maybe I would consider bringing him into Brooklyn. (We're in Manhattan.) He also loves treadmills, so if that's part of the program, let me know, and we'll be there.

How old is your son? Does he like art? Also, if we put on music and did some music and movement would he enjoy that?

cuties' mom

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 6:45 am
He's 11-years-old, but he has autism, and developmentally he's more like a toddler. He has no interest in art. He enjoys music and movement.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 1:51 am
Mommy3b2c, was thinking of you. Hope your shoot turned out 👌
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children