Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Hotels Days Inn vs. Insignia for Boro Park

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 04 2020, 8:57 pm
I'm looking to stay near Boro Park. I noticed there are 2 hotels on the outstkirts of Boro Park, one on 61st and 8th Avenue (in China Town) called the Insignia. It looks beautiful and is brand new. The other is the Days Inn on Ft. Hamilton and 36th Street (also brand new). Both of these are half the price of the Avenue Plaza or Park House. I'm wondering if anyone ever stayed there? How Jewish-friendly are both these hotels?

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jan 04 2020, 8:59 pm
The Days Inn is not new, just newly acquired by the Days Inn brand.
Don't plan to stay there alone.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 04 2020, 9:12 pm
When I look at maps, it looks like it was under construction just a year ago. I believe it is new.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jan 04 2020, 9:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
When I look at maps, it looks like it was under construction just a year ago. I believe it is new.

They put in new carpeting and beds. Google Sleep Inn 36th Street Brooklyn for old information.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 2:13 pm
Do you or anyone know anything about Insignia? It looks beautiful online. There's also an umbrella hotel on 11th and 60th that just opened. I don't think it's jewish or anything, but it's inside the eiruv.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 2:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you or anyone know anything about Insignia? It looks beautiful online. There's also an umbrella hotel on 11th and 60th that just opened. I don't think it's jewish or anything, but it's inside the eiruv.

I am sorry I am not familiar with them but the neighborhood is Chinese.
The Days Inn is in a Latino neighborhood and also has McDonald's on one corner and a Jewish development of condos on another corner.

bnm

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 11:19 pm
There was a police chase at one point and they caught the guy on top of a hotel in that neighborhood. Triple check about the eruvs. I know on 9th avenue at certain points its only on 1 part, it doesn't hit all the way to 8th avenue. For Shabbos stay in a Jewish place. You don't want to walk there alone at night.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics