Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
DIR Floortime therapist or play therapist
Previous  1  2

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 8:09 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
They definitely spend a lot of their training in hospitals, but Bruchy is also a licensed social worker. So she combines her therapy with child life work (which basically works with the child going through difficulties of any kind).
Having worked with her, I think her approach is very similar to floor time. Very much focused on attachment, play, and helping a child learn skills through gentle interventions. She works with the parents too.

Floortime is different than play therapy. Sounds like this bruchy maybe incorporates play therapy

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 8:11 pm
How does play therapy differ from floortime? Which one is more effective? Sorry so many questions I’m new to all this!!

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 8:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How does play therapy differ from floortime? Which one is more effective? Sorry so many questions I’m new to all this!!

I'm the previous poster who said that it's different. I work in special education and have heard many times that it is different. I don't know tons about either one though. I think that floortime is more into following the approach of the child, while incorporating different levels (if I'm not mistaken, there are 6 or 7 levels of floortime, including problem solving) and play therapy is more into just playing with the child. It could be your initiative, doesn't have to be what child wants.
I could be mistaken, but that's what I think

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 8:51 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Chana Frument Yaroslawitz

Lakewood, but she does come into Brooklyn for some other cases. I am not sure what her current schedule is though, but as of a few months ago she was still coming to Boro Park
If you need her email and phone number, let me know and I will ask her permission if I can post it here. I actually was trained in by her, and can highly recommend her approach as I have seen much success with the child I worked with as well as with many other children using her approach (and adapting it with other approaches for each specific child.)
Another thing is if you would like to reach out to me I can share some strategies that can help you build up on the nurture heart approach. I do not know how to post a pdf but I can email to an anonymous email if you would like, instead of pm?
Changed to anon, as I am not looking for more work currently and do not want you or others to think I am advertising at all!!! Just would share for your benefit, one Ima to another. Not to work directly with your child.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 9:08 pm
I would really appreciate that very much. I’ll take her contact info.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 9:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would really appreciate that very much. I’ll take her contact info.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ch.....47751
Link for her linkedIn profile
Waiting for her response

powerofplay

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 9:32 pm
Hello Smile I am a clinical psychologist who specializes in DIR/Floortime . I work with children with many developmental and behavioral challenges including autism spectrum disorder, anxiety, selective mutism, and other delays . I am in Far Rockaway/Five towns of Long Island but do work in Brooklyn as well . I utilize a comprehensive approach ( which may include floortime, play therapy , CBT , etc. as needed). (Yes Floortime and play therapy are not synonymous with each other). I am very hands- on and practical and very often work with your child during school recess “on the floor” to support social/emotional development . I also try to integrate parents and collaborate with other members of the team as much as possible .

It is good that you are reaching out now as it is best to address these issues as early as possible .

I can be reached at brosenbergphd@yahoo.com or (646) 258-5153.

Hatzlocha Rabba !

Batya Rosenberg , PhD

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 9:32 pm
https://www.psychologytoday.co.....06294

Chana Frumit Yaroslawitz info

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 9:42 pm
Thanks all!! This is so helpful!!

amother
Gladiolus

Post Wed, May 17 2023, 5:17 pm
Moishe Kellman
718-473-9797
He recently joined Mendy Klein and Chaim Greenberg and opened a Floortime practice near Monsey.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)