Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Kids coming into parents bedroom. Advice please!
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 7:33 am
It does not matter what is OK for everyone else.

What matters is that OP is unhappy. THAT is the only point here.

DD slept in my bed all night until she was 12, and then one night just suddenly said she was done, and went to her room. Zehu.

None of what I just said has any bearing on OP's post at all. If she needs to change, that is completely legitimate. The only advice she needs right now, is how to do it gently for the kids, and firmly with DH.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 7:36 am
My 12yr old son also enjoy snuggling in morning in my bed dh said it needs to stop. He explained him nicely and he was ok with it. He can still come to my bed and shmooze if he has time (cuz he goes very early and comes to tell him bye) but he no longer lies down.

I as a kid used to love those chats in my mom's room so my kids hang around there Friday night sitting on mine and hubs bed but they don't lay down. During week this never happens, nobody come into mommy's bed as long as it's dark outside (not even 3yr old).

As for the bathroom it's how you feel. My son enjoys using my shwover because it's a walk in shower and I understand and allow him 2 use it. Other than that my kids never use my bathroom.

amother
White

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 11:24 am
I do not believe your husband has to be the same pages as you. you love each other, you respect each other but you can disagree. Do this alone. dont make an issue out of this; Dont talk about it.
Just tell your kids that your bedroom is a no-entry zone; your bathroom is a no-entry zone.
Repeat each time they forget. Good luck!

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 11:30 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
I do not believe your husband has to be the same pages as you. you love each other, you respect each other but you can disagree. Do this alone. dont make an issue out of this; Dont talk about it.
Just tell your kids that your bedroom is a no-entry zone; your bathroom is a no-entry zone.
Repeat each time they forget. Good luck!

It’s true that a husband and wife can agree to disagree but I think if she expresses her feelings to him he can help her reinforce this policy as a team ... always great for kids to see mom and dad as a team ... just my opinion ...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics