Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos Sarah- getting in?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 9:16 am
Hi I am wondering if anyone knows about getting into Bnos Sarah. do you have to have perfect grades (in the As all 4 years)?

My DD lost her father to cancer in middle of 10th grade and her grades from 9/10 grade are not great but 11 and this year she has straight As. (maybe 1 b?)

TIA

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 9:33 am
It's not easy to get in in general... I don't think the grades would be a problem as it seems that she has extenuating circumstances [just make sure that the principals know why her grades weren't up to par the first couple of years]
Side point: BS is the warmest and most wonderful seminary and the principals are so so nice and caring!! (I went there a few years back)

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 9:33 am
I don't think that would hold her back. Did she have to write an essay? Did she include this as explaining how she's become who she is? Are the principals involved in the process and can they go to bat for her?

I don't know if this is your first in seminary, but we saw tremendous hashgacha in our daughters' placements, and I hope you do too.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 9:39 am
I went to Bnos Sarah and didn't have straights A's. I think they look at the overall picture.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics