Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Meaningful bas mitzvah ideas in israel

supermamma

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 11:15 pm
looking for something meaningful to do in israel with my daughter for her bas mitzvah. Maybe a rebbetzin I can make an appt to see to give her a bracha? Or open to other meaningful suggestions

DrMom

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 12:38 am
You can take a tour of someplace connected o her parsha (might not work for all parshiot).

essie14

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 1:34 am
You can volunteer for a day with an organization which is meaningful to her. Pantry Packers, Leket, Shalva, Zichron menachem....etc.

Teomima

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 2:49 am
essie14 wrote:
You can volunteer for a day with an organization which is meaningful to her. Pantry Packers, Leket, Shalva, Zichron menachem....etc.

I can not stress enough how much I like this idea. A bracha from a rebbetzin is nice, but doing something meaningful to give back is a powerful lesson for a child to learn as they enter the world of Jewish "adulthood".

yihyetov

Post Tue, Mar 01 2022, 3:28 pm
Hi I'm bumping up this chat as I'm planning a very short trip to Israel with my daughter...can anyone give ideas of the best way to use my time there to impact her the most? She's more interested in the shopping/tourist part and I would really love to inspire her a bit. This will be her first time and the trip will be short...Sunday to thurday...any itinerary ideas or numbers for frum tour guide etc? Also I don't plan to drive. I will be taking taxis/bus etc..because im not comfortable driving in israel. But I'm willing to spend on making it memorable in a beautiful way...thanks!

chanchy123

Post Tue, Mar 01 2022, 3:35 pm
DrMom wrote:
You can take a tour of someplace connected o her parsha (might not work for all parshiot).

Not sure if it’s appropriate in your situation, but if she has a classic Biblical Jewish name take her somewhere connected to her namesake (kever Rachel, Meaarat hamachpela for Sara Rivka Leah or Chava, Shilo for Chana, etc).
Second the volunteering options.
You can go on a designated bat mitzvah tour of the kotel tunnels.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions