Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Hi, I'm baby
Previous  1  2

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 9:19 pm
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 11:49 pm
Hey! count me in. I’ve stopped nursing for a long time but I have recently discovered that mommy’s bed is sooo comfortable. I wake up at like 5 am and call for mommy until she finallly comes to get me. (Don’t know what takes her so long? What)

I make sure to bring my 3 blankets, 2 pacies, my doll and stuffed elephant with me. And my cup of course. I lay myself across her bed and go back to sleep. Mommy is Jeff trying to fall back asleep but it’s not a problem for me because I’m so comfortable!

In the morning mommy tries to wake me up but I’m so tired and I hate that mommy rushes me. I go to school late but I don’t care because I like mommy and I like her bed better then Morah!

Signed attached and cranky toddler

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 12:00 am
Thank you for the laughs and support as I’m setting myself up to sleep sitting up while holding my yummy infant (4 month regression anyone?)

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 12:05 am
Well we’ll well opbaby, you really triggered a whole bunch of red buttons in your very first post.
1) Letting babies cry ( cio) method has been debated extensively here.
2) bc has been fought since the beginning of time.
3) division of labor between parents is a constant battle on imamother.
4) the most important, being so young, renders you are a troll.

Odelyah

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 12:33 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Thank you for the laughs and support as I’m setting myself up to sleep sitting up while holding my yummy infant (4 month regression anyone?)

why sitting up?

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 1:04 am
Hey kiddos,
What are we doing with naps? Mom insists but I’m not interested. So many more fun things to do, then I just take a quick nap around 5-6 pm so I can hop around till midnight So. Much. .Fun. But dunno why mommy’s not happy... I guess I can’t please her all the time? I mean she should be happy I don’t wake up at 5 anymore, and I sleep in somewhat till like 640-7’ish.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 2:58 am
Odelyah wrote:
why sitting up?

That’s what he wanted Dont know

Maybe the babies here have answers as to why it’s so much better to be held while standing over sitting, especially in the middle of the night!! Anyone??

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 8:54 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
That’s what he wanted Dont know

Maybe the babies here have answers as to why it’s so much better to be held while standing over sitting, especially in the middle of the night!! Anyone??

Course no sitting up. Mommy has to lay on the piwow in a very specific spot when I nurse.
But hey, maybe you like that position better Scratching Head

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 10:32 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Well we’ll well opbaby, you really triggered a whole bunch of red buttons in your very first post.
1) Letting babies cry ( cio) method has been debated extensively here.
2) bc has been fought since the beginning of time.
3) division of labor between parents is a constant battle on imamother.
4) the most important, being so young, renders you are a troll.

No no, I'm not a troll, but my ima says she never expected my post to turn into imababy's funniest thread in months.

Babies, I agree that snuggling is fun without nursing, and it's even more fun when I use my ima's arm as a pillow (she says it gives makes her neck and shoulders hurt).

Tzutzie baby, I remember we spoke, how's the walking going? Have you found any chocolate yet?

Preschoolamother and toddleramothers and imababyfwend, are you the ones who contacted me earlier? I wanted to thank you personally, for the encouragement and great advice. Thank you!
(And that is a really good idea, to make her read me a story at 1am! I should try that!)

Confusedbaby, yes, you do need food but don't let it get in the way of nursing! You'll find out that some of the stuff tastes good, and some of it smushes good and makes for good face wash (is that what they call it?) My ima also doesn't let me throw food, she takes it and picks it up and says "nooo we don't throw food, nooo" but I really don't get why! So I just make sure to throw it when her back is turned or she is busy, then sometimes she minds less or gets upset at someone else (my siblings sometimes throw food also). Just keep refusing the stuff you don't like and eventually she'll give up, you'll see. She really doesn't want to waste food, after all.

Chunkymonkey as long as you keep it up and get the attention you want, let her think what she wants! Woohoo!!

Attached cranky toddler, that sounds like a good way to make sure I get my ima's bed all to myself. The only problem is, what do you do when your ima lets you have her bed all to yourself and just goes to abba's bed? I can never figure out what makes my ima try to do that, especially if she has that huge bed with so much room. And when she doesn't, she sometimes tries to hand me off to abba, she doesn't understand that I only accept that once every 50 nights.

About naps, my ima insists I take naps too, so what I do is fool her by pretending to sleep for 20-30 minutes, before getting up. That way she thinks she succeeded, and doesn't try too hard afterwards because she knows a short nap "ruins" naptime for another few hours.

And seminary snuggle, how do you manage now? How did you hold out so long?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 10:34 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Love this. 14 month old also nurses all night long - I’m tired but I embrace this for now! Such a special time! And so grateful for healthy baby

Yes! That's what my ima says also! I think she kinda likes the snuggles even though she won't admit it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics