Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Co-sleeping by choice -am I nuts???
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 7:18 pm
I had three kids in under 4 years then took a little break and my 4th is 6 months old. This probably sounds nuts but I don't remember being so obsessed with my other babies...either im forgetting or im just appreciating him more cuz of the gap. I nurse him to sleep at night in my bed and then he is just so cute and delicious that I can't move him and I end up snuggling with him as I fall asleep. I know im creating a terrible habit. I should just move him to his crib - but he is so delicious!!! anyone else do the same thing?

bsy

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 7:19 pm
Imo, bad idea from a safety perspective. And down the line, you might want your bed back to yourself...

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 7:22 pm
See the
Hi, I'm Baby
Thread.
(Sorry I don't know how to link)

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 7:23 pm
Kinda but I end up sleeping with my baby cuz I’m lazy to put him down. I love him to
Pieces but I’d be able to love him better during the day if I get a better nights sleep. Take it from the expert I slept w all my kids. It
Doesn’t pay. My 6y/o can still come into my
Bed during the night.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 7:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I had three kids in under 4 years then took a little break and my 4th is 6 months old. This probably sounds nuts but I don't remember being so obsessed with my other babies...either im forgetting or im just appreciating him more cuz of the gap. I nurse him to sleep at night in my bed and then he is just so cute and delicious that I can't move him and I end up snuggling with him as I fall asleep. I know im creating a terrible habit. I should just move him to his crib - but he is so delicious!!! anyone else do the same thing?

Yuummm!
I do the same...
By 10 months to a year I start getting them into routine.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 7:34 pm
I am a mother of 7 and have done the same! I move them to their own beds when they start moving around a lot, rolling over etc.. do what works for you!!!!! My kids range in all ages and don’t come to my bed now...

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 7:34 pm
Mazel tov!

Move him to his own crib Smile

Odelyah

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 8:08 pm
I don't think you're nuts because I don't think I'm nuts (most of the time Smile) and I did it with all of my 8 kids, and I would do it again if I could!

[As far as safety I did a lot of research (after the first AAP statement in the 90's) and was very satisfied that it was safe for my family, in my situation. OP and anyone else who co-sleeps should do their own research and determine that their baby/environment is low risk.]

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 8:09 pm
I co-slept my youngest for as long as I could. She slept better with me and I slept better with her. I adored that time. OP, all babies eventually outgrow it. If it's good for you and good for baby, go for it. Be safe, obviously, but enjoy this time.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 8:12 pm
I co-sleep for a loooong time. Love it that I don't have to get up to nurse. It would also be such a hassle to transfer. My babies always woke up if I ever dared. After a few weeks, baby just latches on by him/herself without me even waking up.
Baby sleeps on side next to wall, bed pushed all the way to the wall, and I am the 'barrier' at the other end.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 8:16 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I co-sleep for a loooong time. Love it that I don't have to get up to nurse. It would also be such a hassle to transfer. My babies always woke up if I ever dared. After a few weeks, baby just latches on by him/herself without me even waking up.
Baby sleeps on side next to wall, bed pushed all the way to the wall, and I am the 'barrier' at the other end.
I did it similarly. I wedged baby in with a boppy pillow around her swaddle and the pillow propped up a little (it's hard to explain exactly without showing) to make sure she stayed on her back and that no pillows or blankets would cover her. I'm also a very light sleeper, so any movement or the slightest sound she made woke me. And my face was close to hers, it was a beautiful time. Heart

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 8:22 pm
I co sleep and never regret it. They are so yummy and grow up too fast.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 8:24 pm
That happened to me too.

I love all my kids but suddenly this most recent baby and I'm going crazy. Snuggle all night, kissing baby all day, creating bad habits but loving every minute.

Odelyah

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 8:56 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
That happened to me too.

I love all my kids but suddenly this most recent baby and I'm going crazy. Snuggle all night, kissing baby all day, creating bad habits but loving every minute.

If everyone's happy and safe it's not a bad habit-- just enjoy this time because it goes by so fast! trust me-- it will be over before you know it! (My baby just turned 9 Surprised )

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 9:03 pm
Nope not at all. My aunt who works full time has been doing it by choice for years, she did with all her kids. Said it was the only way she could have managed with her full time job for two reasons : She missed her baby all day and felt that the night made up for it and also was worth it to not be needing to get out of bed. Her kids all moved into their own beds quite nicely and turned out just fine.

Rappel

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 9:23 pm
I get you, OP. There are cosleeper cribs which are basically small baby beds with three sides of bars, and one side open to imas bed, which are much safer than leaving him just in your bed. You can have him right next to you, but neither you nor your bedding can smother him. I'll try and find a link

Rappel

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 9:24 pm
https://images.app.goo.gl/gjT3Bb841HiGWvo98

Something like this. They are supposed to be flush to your bed's height

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 6:30 am
You’ll regret this when your kid is two, or four, or seven and you can’t get him out of your bed.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 6:36 am
I would be too scared safety wise. My aunt suffocated her baby nebach.

Sebastian

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 6:48 am
zaq wrote:
You’ll regret this when your kid is two, or four, or seven and you can’t get him out of your bed.

I coslept and my kid sleeps in his own bed just fine.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics