Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Co-sleeping by choice -am I nuts???
Previous  1  2

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 9:56 am
When co sleeping does your baby ever fall off the bed when switching over to nurse the other side and you falling asleep ? I am a big believer in No co-sleeping , once when my 10 month old was sick and congested I had him sleep in my bed and in middle of the night he crawled to the edge of my bed ( near my feet) and fell off . next time he got sick I had a porta crib in my room so I could hear him if his coughing got too much. I hope to never co sleep again.

Just editing when he’s in his room and coughing I can hear him as well but when their sick I want my babies close by.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 9:57 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I would be too scared safety wise. My aunt suffocated her baby nebach.

There was a segment on Dr Phil about this. I was cryyyyiiinnnnng

mfb

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 11:12 am
If your bed is near a wall but something like this to keep baby safe
https://www.buybuybaby.com/sto.....91710

MadameX

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 11:21 am
I too felt guilty co sleeping with my baby. He was a stubborn boy that refused to sleep anywhere else. So instead of trying to “train” him, I just allowed him to sleep next to me. And he did for 2+ years. And I loved it! I loved waking up to my adorable baby every time he needed to nurse. I loved that I didn’t need to get out of bed throughout the night. I loved turning over and seeing his angelic face sleeping peacefully next to me.

These are precious memories I hold dear. Yes it was not all sunshine and roses, but it was worth it.

At around 2 1/2, I got him a bed that matched his brothers. He felt very proud to be like his big brother. The transition went very smoothly. Yes he does still come to me in the middle of the night every so often, but I don’t mind one bit.

Don’t worry. Everyone eventually sleeps in their own bed Wink

I will note, in terms of safety... I have a very large bed with a lot of space. After I was done nursing, I would always place him far away from me so as to avoid anything dangerous CV”S. He always slept on the side next to the wall.

Odelyah

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 11:27 am
zaq wrote:
You’ll regret this when your kid is two, or four, or seven and you can’t get him out of your bed.

I never regretted it-- BH my kids have grown up/are growing up to be independent, well adjusted adults bli a"h

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 11:28 am
I need at least my space at night

Odelyah

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 11:37 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I would be too scared safety wise. My aunt suffocated her baby nebach.

Wow. That is beyond shocking and tragic. I am so sorry!!!

It's extremely rare though (much more rare than getting struck by lightning for example) for that to happen without other risk factors being present (like mother being obese or on certain medications, sleeping on a couch or waterbed or too-soft mattress, rather than in a bed with a firm mattress, etc.) so if you don't mind sharing, it might be helpful information to know what risk factors, if any, were present for your aunt and her baby r"l.

Beyla

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 2:40 pm
Juste educate yourself about safe cosleeping, you can google it. I loved cosleeping and don’t regret it. My kids all sleep in their own beds when I stop nursing.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 10:45 pm
I loved sleeping with my babies. I transitioned them around 6-12 months.
I still remember picking up my peacefully sleeping newborn out of his bassinet to put him near me. Because I couldn’t fall asleep without him!
No regrets.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics