Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Attitudes change SN vs amother
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 3:51 pm
Do you think some posters will respond negatively or challenge a post under your sn, specifically because of your sn, but be all positive and agreeable to an anonymous post only because they don't know it's you?

In other words, your post might be read in a different tone of voice than intended when it's under sn vs when it's anonymous. It's all subjective. They read your post in the way they feel you are based on other posts they've read based on who they think you are.
Get it?
If it is so, maybe the poster always reading your voice in a gentle (or angry) tone is just not reading your style of writing the way you mean it.

Can we all post anonymously, and then revert to sn after a day?

small bean

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 4:04 pm
Forsure. When you know a lot of someone's views, you read what they are writing with that background in mind. When you read someone and have no idea who they are, you dont have anything from the past to associate them with.

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 4:20 pm
There are def a few posters on here who I read through a lense of first encounter.

However, I do have recently been surprised when I read something and then after notice who it is. Bc of my first impression

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 5:00 pm
singleagain wrote:
There are def a few posters on here who I read through a lense of first encounter.

However, I do have recently been surprised when I read something and then after notice who it is. Bc of my first impression

That's what I mean. Your first impression may have been very off-base due to anything from language barrier to being in a bad mood that day.

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 5:20 pm
And with some people they come in very strong. Either to the board. Or just the way they respond.

I once asked a question and someone's response included "since I'm old enough to be your mother."

Thank you but I already have a mother and she actually suggested I post my question to the Ima community. Since then I have been turned off from that poster.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 5:22 pm
Yes.
For that reason I almost always post and imamother

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 7:19 pm
For sure. I get way more likes on the rare occasions I use amother.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 7:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you think some posters will respond negatively or challenge a post under your sn, specifically because of your sn, but be all positive and agreeable to an anonymous post only because they don't know it's you?

In other words, your post might be read in a different tone of voice than intended when it's under sn vs when it's anonymous. It's all subjective. They read your post in the way they feel you are based on other posts they've read based on who they think you are.
Get it?
If it is so, maybe the poster always reading your voice in a gentle (or angry) tone is just not reading your style of writing the way you mean it.

Can we all post anonymously, and then revert to sn after a day?

For sure especially in politics posts some people get snooty whenever certain people post even a mild neutral posts -just because it’s them

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 7:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

y?

But of course. Just as you may find a joke funny or not, an argument cogent or not, a story entertaining or not, depending on who’s telling it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 7:55 pm
Just want to point out, specifically because the impression one has of the sn is only based on their style of expressing themselves and the reader's interpretation of that, it might not be as accurate. When knowing someone in person, their posts are read through that relationship.
If a person does not express themselves well via the written word, or a reader's comprehension of a post is different from the intention, the conclusion of the sn to yourself is technically incorrect.

Not that any of this really matters, I only found it interesting.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 8:02 pm
zaq wrote:
But of course. Just as you may find a joke funny or not, an argument cogent or not, a story entertaining or not, depending on who’s telling it.

Why? Would you not find a joke objectively funny? Or an argument objectively cogent?

Flip Flops

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 9:15 pm
I see it the opposite way, too all the time.
Some posters who are more "popular" will automatically get more likes and rarely, if ever, get any push back regardless of what they said.

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 9:16 pm
There’s nothing objective about humor.

groisamomma

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 9:19 pm
zaq wrote:

I disagree. If they mess up the punch line or the story is boring it's not funny or interesting no matter who it is. If they're clear I'll find it funny or interesting. You think I have to like every person I come across? No. But they might have something to say that I'm interested in.

happyness

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 10:06 pm
Flip Flops wrote:
I see it the opposite way, too all the time.
Some posters who are more "popular" will automatically get more likes and rarely, if ever, get any push back regardless of what they said.

So true

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 10:45 pm
zaq wrote:
There’s nothing objective about humor.

Subjective to plot or perspective. Can be easily objective in regards to sn1 vs sn2.

Am assuming you don't have a response to why an argument is cogent based on its writer.

I'm not that biased.
I enjoy any joke, debate any argument, enjoy an entertaining story, as long as it's said well.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 10:54 pm
So when I post amother I get this cute color... dont you judge me by the previous posts on other threads by the same color?

lilies

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 10:57 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
So when I post amother I get this cute color... dont you judge me by the previous posts on other threads by the same color?

Oh yes! Very much so.
You get judged by my most recent intense encounter with that color.
Please tell me I'm not the only one.

lifesagift

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 11:05 pm
lilies wrote:
Oh yes! Very much so.
You get judged by my most recent intense encounter with that color.
Please tell me I'm not the only one.

You're not;)

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 11:53 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
For sure especially in politics posts some people get snooty whenever certain people post even a mild neutral posts -just because it’s them

I believe politics is anon-disabled.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics