Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Doctor Mohel Near Brooklyn? (URGENT)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 9:29 pm
I just gave birth yesterday, which was a few weeks early. DH and I are looking for a mohel and really want someone who is a doctor or at least medically trained.

Can anyone recommend such a mohel near Brooklyn? Sephardic would be preferable, but not necessary at all. What's important is that he has medical training and uses an anesthetic.

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 9:33 pm
Dr. pedram bral at maimonidea. He's an obgyn as well as mohel. He's Persian. He is orthodox.

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 9:35 pm
Oh and mazal tov to you!

happy12

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 9:53 pm
Dr ghatan on ocean Pkwy in brooklyn

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 9:55 pm
Dr. Mordechai bet yaakov. Very very experienced. Sephardi. Let me know if u want his number. His practice is on east 24 and Ave o

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 4:24 am
Thanks you for the suggestions, I will look into these!
Please keep them coming!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 4:25 am
Thank you for the suggestions, I will look into these!
Please keep them coming!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 6:50 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Dr. Mordechai bet yaakov. Very very experienced. Sephardi. Let me know if u want his number. His practice is on east 24 and Ave o

The name is Dr. Mordechai Beityakov. I assume he is also Persian as he attended Shiraz University.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 7:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
important is that he has medical training and uses an anesthetic.

Mazel Tov! Hope it all goes well.

Just want to point out re anaesthetic.
If the mohel is doing a kosher bris (without a clamp), it should take seconds and is equivalent in time to the child’s distress while receiving the anaestheic needle.
The anaesthetic is simply given not in view of the crowd- so they don’t hear the baby cry.
Using a topical anaesthic like Emla cream can be contraindicated because of the constriction (initially) of the blood vessels followed by their dilation (ie leading to more bleeding) as everything relaxes.
Worth doing further research.
Most important is a mohel who has a lot of experience and good recommendations (so not known to have bleeding the next day,and other things)
Learned after 20plus years of being married to a mohel who is not medically trained but has done Mila for the sons of many medical professionals and is recommended by them.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 3:58 pm
avrahamama wrote:
Dr. pedram bral at maimonidea. He's an obgyn as well as mohel. He's Persian. He is orthodox.

Thank you. Do you have his number?

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 4:04 pm
Pediatric urologist- dr. Freylee (pronounced fry-lee) hes columbian if I remember correctly. Also associated w maimonides

avrahamama

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 4:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you. Do you have his number?

I can get for you. But best to PM me.

avrahamama

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 4:09 pm
Or call his office? Boro park obgyn.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 4:31 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Pediatric urologist- dr. Freylee (pronounced fry-lee) hes columbian if I remember correctly. Also associated w maimonides

I was thinking a pediatric urologist might be better, so I called Dr. Freyle's office, but the receptionist insisted that they only do that at the office. Do you have his number?

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 5:33 pm
So strange Maybe he stopped doing it- although I doubt it? But yeah youd need to speak to him directly to find out for sure. I dont have it anymore but will try to find it for you!! Although ur best bet would call back and just say you may be a potential patient but have a few questions specifically for the dr. They'll likely put you in touch.

ProudMommie

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 5:54 pm
Rabbi Edelman is amazing! He is from Chaim Berlin I guess..(I mean the son)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 6:44 pm
ProudMommie wrote:
Rabbi Edelman is amazing! He is from Chaim Berlin I guess..(I mean the son)

Is he a doctor?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 6:53 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
So strange Maybe he stopped doing it- although I doubt it? But yeah youd need to speak to him directly to find out for sure. I dont have it anymore but will try to find it for you!! Although ur best bet would call back and just say you may be a potential patient but have a few questions specifically for the dr. They'll likely put you in touch.

I think she just didn't know anything. She insisted you just don't talk to the doctor over the phone. If you can find his direct number, that would great!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries