Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Rechavia

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 7:02 am
I was wondering what the community in Rechavia is like? Type of people that live there and lifestyle? Thanx

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 8:34 am
Its a mix of everything. Some singles, young couples, old timers. Religious, not religious, there is an area with charedim as well.
Its also very expensive.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 8:50 am
How do I say this? Is there a strong LGBTQ presence in Rechavia? I was there recently and spotted a few rainbow flags hanging from balconies. Unless that has a different connotation in Israel?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 8:53 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
How do I say this? Is there a strong LGBTQ presence in Rechavia? I was there recently and spotted a few rainbow flags hanging from balconies. Unless that has a different connotation in Israel?
I would assume you will find those anywhere in Israel where there are people who are supporting that and want to show their support. But what I wrote above about it being a very mixed area is how it is (when I made aliyah 17 years ago thats where I started out). Religious, secular, singles, married, kids and old timers too. And possibly gay people as well.

rivkam

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 8:54 am
When your talking about non religious students then I wouldn't be surprised to see people who support LGBTQ rights. But I would say that you feel the religious people more than the not religious people. It's definitely nothing like tel aviv
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions