Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Did you enjoy a baby carrier on vacation

subby

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 8:29 pm
Im going on vacation with a 10 month old. Shes quite heavy 25lbs. I was wondering if I should get a baby carrier to be able to hold her when she’s cranky. Did anyone use it? Was it helpful? Or just really heavy on the shoulders? Tia

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 8:32 pm
I baby wore daily till my kid was 15 months but she was barely 25lb at that time. Plus I had the benefit of wearing her since infancy so the weight increase was gradual. If you decide to go for it get a good carrier (a good one bought second hand is better than a new cheap one) and if possible take a class on how to wear baby properly. It’s totally worth it. If you wear the carrier properly it shouldn’t hurt your back. If you don’t it will .

lucky14

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 8:41 pm
Yes. I have an Ergo. Watch YouTube videos about how to put it on properly. I don't remember how much my baby weighed though. I used the carrier from when he was a newborn. They are so useful. Especially on vacation (depending on where you are going, strollers may not be allowed certain places or so convenient).

Some carriers allow the baby to face outward- I find it more comfortable when the baby is facing inward toward me.

subby

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 8:54 pm
Im going to miami. It is hard to push a stroller on the sand. Where can I get a second hand carrier? Who sells them?

lucky14

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 1:28 pm
subby wrote:
Im going to miami. It is hard to push a stroller on the sand. Where can I get a second hand carrier? Who sells them?

Do you have a children's second-hand store where you live? Any community online groups where you can ask others if they have one? Would you be OK with purchasing one on ebay?

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 1:36 pm
I used my ergo 360 carrier to take my 1 year old on and off the beach and it worked really well. He didn't want to stay in it very long otherwise. He was just starting to walk then, so he wanted to be down. When he was a little younger, 8-10 months, I used it more frequently and he tolerated it better. I see used carriers all the time on Facebook marketplace if you're on there.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 1:39 pm
had a large back carrying one like a hard seat at back- I didn't enjoy wearing it and couldn't for more than a half an hour before getting tired from it. baby just about 6 months old- didn't like it at all.

rofa

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 7:33 pm
I bought a Tula carrier because it was deeply discounted on a Black Friday sale a couple of years ago.

I tried it and it felt heavy and unwieldy so I stuffed it away. Fast forward a few years, I'm commuting by bus twice a day with a baby and can't schlep and fold my stroller. I dig out my carrier and hurt my back for a few days. Finally, out of desperation, I watch a couple of videos on YouTube and figure out how to get it to fit me! What a difference! The weight is ergonomically distributed and doesn't cause backaches anymore!

Moral of the story- even with expensive carriers, you must take the time to figure out how to customize it!

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 7:37 pm
I just came back from Miami. Used my stroller on the boardwalk and carried the baby on the beach. It’s hot and I felt carrier was a bit too hot. He also enjoyed looking around and sat on the sand etc.

The carrier is helpful in the airport and on the flight if you don’t have a seat for the baby. Getting on and off the flight... definitely doable without it.

Infantino is a great affordable (30$) brand I like mine better than my 180$ one

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 8:01 pm
I own a wrap and wear my babies on all family trips and vacations. It makes it so much easier to take baby along wherever family goes.

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 8:30 pm
I love, love, love my ergo.
Wore each child until 3 years (even just as a support for a 'piggy-back' ride.

essie14

Post Fri, Jan 10 2020, 7:27 am
LOVED my Lillebaby 360. Used it so much on trips.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics