Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
PitBull bites child
1  2  3  Next

chasdie Hashem

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 8:33 pm
Pls s/o tell m that this wasn’t an antisemite attack plan?& does a/o know how person feeling(who had hand surgery?)

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 8:48 pm
It was a loose dog and the police didn’t even know who it belonged to. The other week there were two pitbulls running through the back yards in my neighborhood. Someone called the police and the police was able to locate its owner. It happens.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 8:50 pm
It was a loose dog. The police took it away. They don't know who the owner is.
I'm most concerned about a toddler being outside unsupervised.

chasdie Hashem

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 8:50 pm
So scary -need such siyata dishmaya
Thanks for calming me down

groisamomma

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 10:03 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

There always, always, always has to be someone that will use a sad situation as an opportunity to point out the failings in our fellow Yidden. I'm assuming you know the sister that was watching him is 12 years old?

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 10:14 pm
groisamomma wrote:
There always, always, always has to be someone that will use a sad situation as an opportunity to point out the failings in our fellow Yidden. I'm assuming you know the sister that was watching him is 12 years old?

We're busy trying to find ways to defend and protect ourselves nowadays. We need to start with the basic common sense things. In Monsey it's sadly the norm that little kids are outside unsupervised. We shouldn't be doing that. And kids shouldn't be waiting for the bus by themselves. Keep your house doors locked. Most schools are not properly secured and locked. We live with a certain sense of calm and safety but times are changing and we need start taking better security measures.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 10:26 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

There was no unsupervised toddler, his/her sister was there!

going-up

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 10:33 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

Seriously!?! Did you not babysit at 12 years old? I did, I remember being responsible! Did you not see her devotion holding on to the baby?
Maybe her panicked screams weren't the best thing, but she held that baby so tight, trying to protect him. Not every news story is an opportunity to judge.

chanatron1000

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 10:41 pm
I don't think there would have been any difference if the toddler were supervised by an adult, unless that adult were carrying a gun to shoot the pit bull with, which is generally not a good idea even though it could have helped in this case.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 10:42 pm
groisamomma wrote:

Sorry, I heard the baby was out alone with a young boy and the father was supposedly watching from the window. It's the first I'm hearing that a 12 year old was watching the baby.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 11:15 pm
going-up wrote:
Seriously!?! Did you not babysit at 12 years old? I did, I remember being responsible! Did you not see her devotion holding on to the baby?
Maybe her panicked screams weren't the best thing, but she held that baby so tight, trying to protect him. Not every news story is an opportunity to judge.

This. I was quite impressed that s/he (couldn't see clearly) held on to the baby so tight and didn't run away in a panic. The adrenaline probably kicked in full force.
Poor child, probably traumatized for life. I would be.

meme6

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 11:19 pm
The girl was standing at the bottom of there steps far from the street with her brother I heard she was 10-12 there is nothing wrong with that!!

Regarding the owner of the dog he was located in haverstraw but I have not heard yet if charges were pressed against him! I believe the dog will not be returned since it bite 2 people!

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 11:40 pm
Even an adult standing nearby is no match for a vicious animal.
I never saw children who were left unattended in Monsey. The mothers are always outside.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 11:45 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I never saw children who were left unattended in Monsey. The mothers are always outside.

I really do not get the joy of some people finding a way to blame people for their suffering!

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 1:29 am
I saw the video on Matzav.com. The sister is a heroine. Sister was holding the
baby in her arms, dog jumped up and bit the baby's coat and tried to drag the
baby down but the sister would not let go and screamed. A Heroic man ran and cut the child's coat to free the children from the dog. Amazing!

Blessing1

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 7:44 am
southernbubby wrote:

I don't know where in Monsey you live, but in many areas, especially developments and areas with multi family housing, kids being outside unsupervised is the norm.
But I really didn't know an older sister was watching the child in this case. I'm too scared to watch the video.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 7:58 am
Blessing1 wrote:
I don't know where in Monsey you live, but in many areas, especially developments and areas with multi family housing, kids being outside unsupervised is the norm.
But I really didn't know an older sister was watching the child in this case. I'm too scared to watch the video.

Between West Central and Maple

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 8:32 am
We visit Valleyside apartments a lot and I have not seen toddlers and unattended. Mothers do monitor bigger kids from the windows.

meme6

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 8:37 am
Blessing1 wrote:

They always have older sibling watching them they are never left alone the kids watching are usually 10 and above and also moms constantly check from the windows.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 8:49 am
meme6 wrote:
They always have older sibling watching them they are never left alone the kids watching are usually 10 and above and also moms constantly check from the windows.

No, there isn't always older siblings watching younger. I live in Monsey long enough to witness that. My in laws live in a development where kids are hefker. I've seen 5 year olds waiting for busses and coming home alone.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics