Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
The Painful Rejections of Lakewood Schools
  Previous  1  2  3  4 10  11  12  Next

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 2:59 pm
Learning wrote:
I mean like oot small communities. Everyone is excepted but still there are religious requirements. Like covering hair. No tv. Etc.

Can I ask what would happen if 1000s of ppl would suddenly move to town? And they don’t hold of the community. And schools were expected to add a new class every year. And class sizes grow to 30+ kids (40 for high school) and everyone only wants to pay 4-5k max tuition.
My sons school has quickly grown from 4 classes to 7. It’s not the same school anymore. There are 30 kids in every class.
I’m thrilled to have space for every kid but at what expense?

Honestly when new ppl move to a new town whose responsibility is it to open new schools? Ppl say the rabbis. What rabbis? The ppl moving to town don’t have anything to do with old Lakewood.

And yet according to many posters Lakewood is all reshaim. (Thank goodness the worst post was deleted - although I think it should have been left to show the posters true colors. Not only saying lies and lashon hara about an entire community but being a clear racist - at least imamother censored her derogatory terms)

small bean

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 3:13 pm
Learning wrote:
I mean like oot small communities. Everyone is excepted but still there are religious requirements. Like covering hair. No tv. Etc.

That's because of supply and demand. In lakewood the demand is greater than the supply.

small bean

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 3:15 pm
southernbubby wrote:
While that's true, years ago anyone who wanted to open a frum school, knocked on doors to beg people to come. Now, BH, the demand is bigger than the supply but people remember a time when the few frum schools that existed had students from a variety of backgrounds.

People who are able to should get together with others who need schools and form new ones.

I grew up in that lakewood. And the schools are still like that. All the schools have a mix of kids. Some bigger mix some less so.

And this doesnt take away that is is not the rabbis fault and it is not the schools fault. It is the way it is if the supply is less then the demand in any business.

small bean

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 3:17 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
please can somone open a school herein lakewood like baise yakove in boro park. So my children can grow up with friends of all backgrounds. Very frum Chasidish, yeshivish, Sfardi.....More modern and cool. I find it so unhealthy that that we have to fit in a neat box here. So private schools can can accept us. or we need to belong to a school full of rejections.

Who said anything about boxes. My girls and boys have kids of all types in their school. My post had nothing to do with boxes.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 3:21 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
please can somone open a school herein lakewood like baise yakove in boro park. So my children can grow up with friends of all backgrounds. Very frum Chasidish, yeshivish, Sfardi.....More modern and cool. I find it so unhealthy that that we have to fit in a neat box here. So private schools can can accept us. or we need to belong to a school full of rejections.

Whose job is it to open these schools? It’s like it is magically supposed to happen.

I keep seeing ppl should be opening schools. WHO? Why not you?

Lakewood historically was one type besides for the day school so it kind of makes sense that the community is like that. You didn’t move to NY. You moved to Lakewood.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 3:25 pm
Learning wrote:
Quote:
removed.

The system right now is completely cliquey and pushy. You need connections or money to have your child be happy. Idk why you don’t realize that it is just mean to the children

Yes. This is true.

And, anyone here who is sounding arrogant as if to say "of course there must be a reason they rejected your child" or saying "move oot so they'll accept your child".....or... is doing exactly what the schools are doing....you are showing NO SYMPATHY FOR A JEWISH parent who wants her CHILD TO BE EDUCATED IN A JEWISH SCHOOL to continue the mesorah.....most ppl making the comments that show no empathy probably never went through this experience that op is going through.

This is such hatred toward your own brethren such that jewish schools won't accept all jews!! The child is 5!!! Why this entire interview process??? Should these jewish children go to public schools??? Then, why have all these kiruv organizations to bring irreligious jews back to Judaism if we won't let "already frum" kids into a Jewish school at 5????

And, someone here wrote "it's a private school and there's no guarantee of acceptance, you can go to public school "...yes, it's a private school, but isn't a Jewish school supposed to be about showing care and concern for all Jewish children so that they are not left to "go off the derech" ??? Sara Schneirer created schools so Jewish girls would learn about...

And, parents who want their kids schools to never accept a "different type" of jew because you dont want your kids exposed, are you saying you will shelter your kids their entire life such they'll never see or work with non jews or other types of orthodox jews or irreligious jews??? Are you saying that hashem wants you to shelter your children at the expense of showing hatred for "another type of jew" bec he is not "Frum enough " so hashem wants you to tell those jewish children to go to public school and learn to live like a [gentile]??

OP, I understand how you feel. Some ppl here clearly have connections, money, or yichus such that they've never experienced the rejection. I'm truly sorry you are going through this. I wish you hatzlacha.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 3:31 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Yes. This is true.

And, anyone here who is sounding arrogant as if to say "of course there must be a reason they rejected your child" or saying "move oot so they'll accept your child".....or... is doing exactly what the schools are doing....you are showing NO SYMPATHY FOR A JEWISH parent who wants her CHILD TO BE EDUCATED IN A JEWISH SCHOOL to continue the mesorah.....most ppl making the comments that show no empathy probably never went through this experience that op is going through.

This is such hatred toward your own brethren such that jewish schools won't accept all jews!! The child is 5!!! Why this entire interview process??? Should these jewish children go to public schools??? Then, why have all these kiruv organizations to bring irreligious jews back to Judaism if we won't let "already frum" kids into a Jewish school at 5????

And, someone here wrote "it's a private school and there's no guarantee of acceptance, you can go to public school "...yes, it's a private school, but isn't a Jewish school supposed to be about showing care and concern for all Jewish children so that they are not left to "go off the derech" ??? Sara Schneirer created schools so Jewish girls would learn about...

And, parents who want their kids schools to never accept a "different type" of jew because you dont want your kids exposed, are you saying you will shelter your kids their entire life such they'll never see or work with non jews or other types of orthodox jews or irreligious jews??? Are you saying that hashem wants you to shelter your children at the expense of showing hatred for "another type of jew" bec he is not "Frum enough " so hashem wants you to tell those jewish children to go to public school and learn to live like a [gentile]??

OP, I understand how you feel. Some ppl here clearly have connections, money, or yichus such that they've never experienced the rejection. I'm truly sorry you are going through this. I wish you hatzlacha.

Op here, thank you!! Exactly my points and more!!

small bean

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 3:31 pm
Yes. This is true.

Both my girls and boys did not get into the schools I applied to and I'm sorry I was not pained. And I think people get way to offended by things that are not offensive.

My daughter will be applying to high school next year and even though she is a top girl in both middos and academically, I am assuming she won't get in anywhere and I have told her that many times. Because it is not about her. It might be about me or my husband or both of us. Who cares really. I dont expect a service that I have no right to

Being insulted and a lot of these posts scream of entitlement. You are not entitled to any service. Nobody is required to accept your child into school.

You dont like the system of schools choosing who they want. You can move out.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 3:32 pm
Yes. This is true.

I was personally rejected from all high schools except my safety school and all seminaries except my safety.

I still think a lot of people don't want to admit. Looking back, my family and my responses at interviews raised a lot of red flags I wasn't aware of at the time.

The fact is they have limited space. You're better off in a school that wants you. I thank Beth Jacob of Boro Park for accepting me -I think it was a good match in the end.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 3:33 pm
I have no problem with kids going to mixed schools. My kids do and got in by chance last minute. I’d personally rather less boxes.
I’m just saying that is the type of city Lakewood is historically. So to complain schools aren’t mixed or like NY schools is interesting.

And again is it my job to make sure there are enough slots? Whose job is it? Who are reshaim? Ppl who have large schools already and don’t want to have 20 classes in s single school?

You seem to be blaming someone. Who?
Is it me because I live here and I didn’t open schools?

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 3:33 pm
Its easy to accuse others. Try opening up your own school. See who you want to accept.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 3:34 pm
I have experienced rejection. But my parents and I understood it wasn't the schools rejecting me personally. You need to develop a healthy attitude.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 4:04 pm
ectomorph wrote:
I have experienced rejection. But my parents and I understood it wasn't the schools rejecting me personally. You need to develop a healthy attitude.

Why is rejecting people impersonally any better?

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 4:14 pm
Yes. This is true.

Should these jewish children go to public schools???

That's what I asked the principal of my daughter's school when I spoke on my niece's behalf. Actually, what I said was, should this child not get a Jewish education (I didn't mention public school) because she's number xx and your classes are full? So if one extra Jewish woman had a baby 5 years ago and there's no room for her, what should her parents do?

In the end B"H they took her. It seems a parent decided to repeat their child in kindergarten, and they gave her the spot.

The answer to everything is, of course...we need more schools. And more parents who are willing to send to those schools.

ProudMommie

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 4:51 pm
Yes. This is true.

It is exactly what I was saying when I was called racist, mentally unstable, and other such things I can't really remember. All I did was identify a source of our pain as coming from the Erev Rav.. Some people clearly have a comprehension problem, or maybe the truth hurts.. All I said in my deleted post was that the people who discriminate, and the people who support them are not Jewish in their neshama. They are all over the world and are particularly vicious in EY. They are not Jewish in their core, .. I don't care about their yichus shmichus or how chosheve and anavadik they portray themselves. I spit on their righteousness a thousand times. And THE people who follow, endorse, enable the Erev Rav and their "hashkafa" to rule in Jewish communities are the ONES who have true sinas chinam and who will pay a hefty price one day soon. You know who you are... so pull your sheitel tighter because it is already shaking.. You hide behind your own rules of lashon hora, and achdus, and whatever else..to obscure the truth... AS always using and abusing our holy Torah to gain ur kovod, money, and station in "society" and whatever other unholy motivations . You can delete my posts all you want, but you will never be able to completely eradicate the truth from the world.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 4:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi guys. I know this topic has been discussed here numerous times. I feel like if you haven't experienced it yourself, it is very hard to actually understand the magnitude of this absolutely horrific situation going on here. Unfortunately I am in the "Parsha" at this time. I did not apply to "sought after schools" where I wouldn't stand a chance. I applied to small schools. Schools that are more to the "left". Schools that have a diverse crowd. These are the schools I was rejected from. The classes in these schools are not full yet. These schools have rejected us for no reason whatsoever. Is this what Sara Shenirer had in mind when she opened the first jewish girls school? It's heartbreaking to have to be worried that my daughter will be sitting home in September because of this. I know I speak for many others going through this as well. There has got to be a solution for this real fast. Why deny ehrlicha little girls an education? I hope there will be change in this twisted system real soon.
I am heartbroken. Sad May Hashem send you a Yeshua with revealed good quickly! It is agonizing to suffer this way. Crying

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 5:44 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:

I think it's entitled to expect every school to want your kid. Move to pittsburg boston richmond literally any small community ... Then you can feel entitled to a spot. Lakewood has a million schools and 2 million kids. It's not fair to expect them to want you just because you're there.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:32 pm
ProudMommie wrote:
It is exactly what I was saying when I was called racist, mentally unstable, and other such things I can't really remember. All I did was identify a source of our pain as coming from the Erev Rav.. Some people clearly have a comprehension problem, or maybe the truth hurts.. All I said in my deleted post was that the people who discriminate, and the people who support them are not Jewish in their neshama. They are all over the world and are particularly vicious in EY. They are not Jewish in their core, .. I don't care about their yichus shmichus or how chosheve and anavadik they portray themselves. I spit on their righteousness a thousand times. And THE people who follow, endorse, enable the Erev Rav and their "hashkafa" to rule in Jewish communities are the ONES who have true sinas chinam and who will pay a hefty price one day soon. You know who you are... so pull your sheitel tighter because it is already shaking.. You hide behind your own rules of lashon hora, and achdus, and whatever else..to obscure the truth... AS always using and abusing our holy Torah to gain ur kovod, money, and station in "society" and whatever other unholy motivations . You can delete my posts all you want, but you will never be able to completely eradicate the truth from the world.

Well, you said it a lot nicer this time.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:37 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:

There’s a line at the ice cream store. You wait your turn, but when you get to the counter, they’re out of your favorite flavor. Sure, you’re disappointed. But you know it has nothing to do with you. You don’t internalize it, except to maybe show up earlier next time.

Contrast to being at the same store, and everyone is waiting for that flavor. Not everyone is getting it. But they don’t go in order. They pick the girl in front of you. And the 2 behind you. But not you. Why weren’t you picked?
Are you chubby and they thought you’d be better off without? Are they prettier than you? There must be a reason.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:55 pm
ProudMommie wrote:

I called you racist because you mentioned ethic groups in a disparaging way that had to be censored.
That too is wrong. We are in Galus and must watch how we talk.
Page 3 of 12   Previous  1  2  3  4 10  11  12  Next Recent Topics