Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Ra_mom, can I...

chipmunks

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 1:55 pm
...make rhubarb or plum tartlets in individual aluminum muffin cups? They're a little deep (maybe 2 inches). How would I make the crust even and can I take them out to serve without wrecking them? It's Thursday night and the store was out of the pans I needed. Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 2:12 pm
It will be hard to remove them. Use pans or muffin holders that you're comfortable serving in.

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, Jan 09 2020, 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

chipmunks

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 2:59 pm
ra_mom wrote:
It will be hard to remove them. Use pans or muffin holders that you're co sortable serving in.

Thank you! Those are all I have...is there a garnish or something than can make them look prettier? I'm worried about them being hard to eat, especially once you get to the crust. Although I checked and they're closer to 1.25 inches.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 5:13 pm
chipmunks wrote:
Thank you! Those are all I have...is there a garnish or something than can make them look prettier? I'm worried about them being hard to eat, especially once you get to the crust. Although I checked and they're closer to 1.25 inches.

Garnish with fresh berries or pomegranate arils, maybe add a mint leaf.

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 5:18 pm
I just love you ra-mom! Always ready, always reliable! When can we all come for a party?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 5:27 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
I just love you ra-mom! Always ready, always reliable! When can we all come for a party?

Lol thanks Jewishfoodie! You're welcome to come anytime! I'd love to meet you. Smile

chipmunks

Post Wed, Jan 15 2020, 9:14 am
Thank you! So sorry to not answer before. I've cut waaaay down on my screen time Smile.

Turned out great, and to add to Jewishfoodie's compliments, I think you may also be psychic! I had berries and mint on hand and mint was actually one of the ingredients of the main dish (pkaella). So yay for advice that makes me look more put together than I actually am!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins