Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sending Gift/Letter for NICU staff

morah.coffee

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 7:08 pm
My baby is bH turning 1 iyH and I want to send a letter and maybe a collage and chocolate platter to the NICU he was in for 6 weeks at birth. How does one go about doing that? Do I mamesh have to go there in person to do that?
(It's Columbia, if anyone has any personal experience)

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 7:27 pm
I would go. NICU loves ever time we visit.

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 8:13 pm
I visited with donuts and pictures when my twins turned 1. It was appreciated. You could also mail a thank you if you don't want to go in person. (I was at a different hospital)

morah.coffee

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 9:49 pm
Truth is we have appointments constantly so it's not like I won't be there, but they have a very strict policy about bringing children there...

dankbar

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 9:53 pm
Wow! That is nice! never thought of it! I took chocos daily while my baby was there, to give for nurses on shift!

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 11:18 pm
My son went back to visit when he turned 30 and there were a couple of nurses who remembered him because he was there for 5 months. They liked it because they sometimes wonder how the difficult cases turn out.
His MIL lives in that city and they were visiting her anyway.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 11:33 pm
southernbubby wrote:
My son went back to visit when he turned 30 and there were a couple of nurses who remembered him because he was there for 5 months. They liked it because they sometimes wonder how the difficult cases turn out.
His MIL lives in that city and they were visiting her anyway.

Wow that's so sweet. I can just imagine how the nurses who remembered him felt..... Beautiful!

Sunny Days

Post Fri, Jan 10 2020, 11:24 am
morah.coffee wrote:
Truth is we have appointments constantly so it's not like I won't be there, but they have a very strict policy about bringing children there...

We don’t visit Columbia- but when we visit the nicu my daughter was in we ask security on NICU floor to call out one of the nurses/Dr or Therapist. Sometimes we text ahead of time to a nurse and then we would meet up and depending how busy NICU is then some other nurses come out for a quick hi & catching up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics