Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What pulls you

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 9:22 pm
I’m looking to organise a evening for a good cause. I’m just wondering when you read about an evening out what would pull you to go? A comedian? Musical entertainment? Raffle or anything else. I’m basically looking for ideas of something interesting I can do that would pull people to come

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 9:25 pm
Sushi.

(I live in an OOT community with no kosher sushi).

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 9:26 pm
Comedian. Chocolate. Sushi. Desserts.

avrahamama

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 9:31 pm
Is it all ladies or couples. I once went to an all ladies event and it was so much fun. It was like a real party. Buffet dinner and dessert and a DJ with dancing. And it was Purim time so we all got fun hats and masks. I think all the fun was that it was like a wedding but we didn't have to worry about our husbands begging to leave. We could really njust party together.

dankbar

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 9:47 pm
Good comedy is not that common & hard to come by

mommyW

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 11:24 pm
Good comedy would get me

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 11:26 pm
I don’t go to random events.
What pulls me is if I have something with that organization or with the organizer

polka dots

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 11:39 pm
Nothing! I wouldn’t go out for any sort of entertainment.

I go when I want to support that cause I need to go for a person.

But once I’m out I enjoy good food, comedy only if it’s good. If it’s mediocre then better to skip. A good speaker that last entertaining is also nice.

singleagain

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 11:49 pm
Open mic night

Ravenclaw

Post Fri, Jan 10 2020, 1:00 am
Any type of showcased talent (especially not typical ones)

ectomorph

Post Fri, Jan 10 2020, 3:18 am
Comedy ( anything by Marion Fine lol)

Elfrida

Post Fri, Jan 10 2020, 3:38 am
Probably a good speaker. And then nice but not extravagant buffet.

Comedy is very subjective. Unless you have a very homogenous group, the same form of humour will not appeal to everyone.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Jan 10 2020, 6:50 am
A night that's reasonable to go out. So, not during midterms or finals or play (because then there are no babysitters.) If it's a women's event, a night when there isn't a major men's event, or at least at different times.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jan 10 2020, 6:54 am
Nothing. All kinds of entertainment are brainless and stupid.
If you must do a fundraiser, make a long-term class. Teach me how to teach remedial reading or how to open a business on the internet and tell me that half or all the profit will go to charity.
Or get a pizza place to donate profits from pizzas sold the night of January 15 (or whatever) to charity. I'll buy pizza from that store that night even if I wasn't planning to or usually use a different pizza place.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Jan 10 2020, 7:01 am
Personally I wouldnt go unless it was for couples. And mixed.
I have horrible social anxiety which stops me going to things. I always see things advertised and think ooh id love to go to that but then my anxiety kicks in. I think if my husband would or could come with it may help. But tbh he probably wouldn't want to anyway

happyone

Post Fri, Jan 10 2020, 7:06 am
I personally am not one that attends unless family or friends are organizing. All I need is camaraderie. I do find that an inspirational speaker draws people in my community.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jan 10 2020, 8:15 am
Either something simple where I can go in jean or something I have to dress up. NOT something with games or crafts or where I will have to animate in some way. I want to be catered to (or just left alone) not have to provide something. IRL I haven't been, but online I've seen painting or whatever. I wouldn't go. Today comedy can be caught online easy
I'd go for special food but I'm a foodie
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics