Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Nearly 7 year old hasn’t lost any teeth
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 1:59 pm
Is there cause for concern?

banana123

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 2:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

How old was he when his teeth came in?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 2:59 pm
banana123 wrote:
How old was he when his teeth came in?

Started from 9 months, but slow.

chaj

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 3:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

don't worry, some are late. my son lost his first tooth way after his 7th birthday. I asked the doctor and there is nothing to worry. Also he got his first tooth just before his 2nd birthday

banana123

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 3:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Started from 9 months, but slow.

So from what I understood, it makes sense that he will lose them a bit late, and also possibly slowly.
I wouldn't worry.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 3:48 pm
Thank you both for your help! Much appreciated- calmed me down as well!

blessedflower

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 5:13 pm
Nothing to worry at all.
If you really want to know you can check if she has little bumps on her gums, you can sometimes see the shape of the new teeth, this way you know it's going to happen sometimes in the near future

Cspybe

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 5:15 pm
My 8 and a half year old just lost her second (first one 2 months ago)
Just like all my other kids....
Enjoy the cute teeth a little longer!

pnmh

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 5:21 pm
nothing to worry about. my nearly 8 year old still has all her baby teeth non of them are shacking. I asked the dentist he said nothing to worry about. the later the second teeth come the stronger teeth they will be.

nchr

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 6:04 pm
I lost my first tooth in 4th grade...

my mama

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 6:38 pm
I lost my first tooth in 3rd grade and the last one in 11th... that was a bit embarrassing since it happened in class

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 7:30 pm
My daughter's first tooth came in at 12 months. Her first tooth came out at 8.5. No reason to be concerned.

Sara89

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 7:34 pm
My daughter is turning 7 this month and hasn’t lost any teeth yet either! she is getting so antsy and says she is the last girl left in her class. I explained to her that in our family, we get and lose our teeth later (she got her first tooth around 12 months) and that it is a good thing. I lost my first tooth when I was 7 or 8. The later you get your grown up teeth, the better chance you have of having strong, healthy teeth without cavities because as you get older, you take better care of your teeth!

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 8:08 pm
I was the last in my class to lose a tooth. I was 7 years old. Each and every one of my teeth put up a big fight before finally conceding and leaving my mouth. Boy, was it frustrating for me when girls would discuss how many teeth they had lost!

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jan 20 2020, 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 8:17 pm
one child lost his first by 8. He was super frustrated that all his friends have lost their teeth already.

another child by 7, when he was in the hospital, his first came out & all the volunteers had fun to pick at.

My now 7 yr old has lost 5 teeth already.

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 8:21 pm
My teeth never fell out. I had them all pulled by the dentist/lost some by banging my mouth hard (accident)

ETA I'm not missing any teeth, and I don't have any other issues. They just didn't fall out on their own Dont know

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 8:39 pm
Just make sure to do a Panorama x-ray of the teeth, to make sure there are adult teeth waiting in the wings. My daughter's baby teeth did not come out right away, when I took her to the dentist for a panorama, they discovered she was missing 4 adult teeth, canines and insissors, on top.
apparently it is genetic. A nephew is missing the 2 adult bottom teeth.

miami85

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 9:08 pm
Read Arthur's Loose Tooth. "between the ages of 4 and 7 most children lose their deciduous or baby teeth"

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 10:26 pm
My 8 year old finally has 4 shaky teeth. One adult teeth is coming out, dentist will remove the baby teeth soon if they dont fall out on their own.

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 10:31 pm
None of mine fell out until close to eight. You should be taking her for regular dental cleanings and exams anyway, so your dentist will make sure all is ok.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics