Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
4 times!! Yippeeee!

GAMZu

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 9:03 pm
So my little toddler made peepee in the potty 4 consecutive times, without being asked!
2 yesterday and 2 today. He felt before he needed to go and went himself. Then he came and told me.
Then we called my mother, and he told her himself, "Come, look!" He brought the phone to the potty and pointed, "Look, piss-piss!" LOL

I only keep him in diapers now when we're outside or when he's sleeping.

I am SO happy!

raizy

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 9:24 pm
which kid the 21 months one or the older one. I want to start my 21 months because he really is facinated with it all . but do u thing that it is too young?

GAMZu

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 9:57 pm
The 21 month old.

It's definitely not too early to start. But be aware, I have been talking to him about it every time I changed his diaper for several months. It might take some time of exposure before he gets it.

raizy

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 10:19 pm
yes yes . he sits on the potty and he talks all day and night about it. he would rather make on the floor. then in the potty... he knows and tells me each time he wants to make big. he points to it and tells me he is going to make and then he tells me pampers and then he tells me wipes.

he also points to the puddle on the floor ... he loves to pish anywhere and everywhere except in the potty.

GAMZu

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 11:38 pm
Keep talking to him, each single time that it all goes in the potty. Like Mommy, like Tatty, like big sibs, everyone goes on the potty (or rather toilet) and there is no other option.

It's like learning any new skill. Keep talking and showing. Physical readiness comes surprisingly early, if parents are willing to help their child become ready emotionally and intellectually.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training