Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What do you think of prince Harry and Megan moving to Canada
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

Sebastian

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 10:56 pm
I am concerned that Harry obviously seems to be struggling and Meghan (who has a history of putting herself first and ghosting ppl) is alienating him from his family and moving him to another country. I wonder if she is doing this so she won't have to raise Archie in the UK when they divorce.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 10:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
prince harry inherited 9 million from his mother and meghan in worth 6 million and gets royaltys form her tv show
they want to brand themselves I doubt they can use royalty in their names they brand

RoyslSussex is the name they trademarked. If their royal highness was taken away from them, their value would decrease significantly. They will be selling access to royalty because what else do they have to sell. She's a failed z list actress. He's not even a spare anymore.

My worry is they will cheapen the royal family further. The firm is afraid of interviews and accusations of racism. They want to set up a shadow court.

The best bet for the royal family is an amputation. Good bye and good riddance.

trixx

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 11:00 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

OK but look at the pics. Kate has one hand - I, personally keep hands OFF my belly in public but it does actually feel good like support/massage to apply pressure, it's a natural position. Meghan has 2 hands almost in a fake cradle - I've never been tempted to even touch my belly like that, it's a total maternity shoot pose.

Amarante

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 11:08 pm
trixx wrote:
OK but look at the pics. Kate has one hand - I, personally keep hands OFF my belly in public but it does actually feel good like support/massage to apply pressure, it's a natural position. Meghan has 2 hands almost in a fake cradle - I've never been tempted to even touch my belly like that, it's a total maternity shoot pose.

And it is people dissecting every little thing and finding fault which would make any sane person want to flee to a more normal existence.

Would anyone actually want to be photographed continually so that every slight physical movement was dissected ad nauseum. Who cares how she cradled her belly. Most pregnant woman do it without people comparing as to whether it was done with one hand or two hands. Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Banging head

Last edited by Amarante on Mon, Jan 13 2020, 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 11:09 pm
trixx wrote:

Notice Kate is walking while Me-again is posing for the cameras.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 11:17 pm
Amarante wrote:
And it is people dissecting every little thing and finding fault which would make any sane person want to flee to a more normal existence.

Would anyone actually want to be photographed continually so that every slight physical movement was dissected ad nauseous. Who cares how she cradled her belly. Most pregnant woman do it without people comparing as to whether it was done with one hand or two hands. Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Banging head

She married a royal, so it wasn’t like she didn’t know what was coming. And the bump cradling was just noticeably extra and odd.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 11:55 pm
She's not made of the stuff needed to be an aristocrat. She's all about her way or the highway.

cbsp

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 12:08 am
I just saw this and thought it was a great spin:

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 12:11 am
Haven't read the thread. Just responding to title. Not sure why anyone cares.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 12:15 am
It's a lesson on human nature together with what it means to live up to your title.
We are all Queens and with our title of bas melech we have responsibilities.
We all do the best we can!
Just a side thought.

etky

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 12:39 am
imorethanamother wrote:
They are still taking royal funds. They still expect to live in land owned by the royal family, rent free, and refurbished with taxpayer money. They will still collect money from the Duchy of Cornwall, which is a fund specifically given to the Prince of Wales, collected by income from royal properties. They are only relinquishing a small portion of the royal funds, which is from the Sovereign Grant. That grant only pays a small portion of their overall lifestyle, because it is so very grand at the moment. It covers costs incurred by the couple during royal tours or royally mandated outings.

I would agree with you, but they don't want a normal life. They want a celebrity life. They want an instragram-influencer life, complete with the hefty income, and to trade on the familiarity of their names and their titles (SussexRoyals is now trademarked), but without things that bother them that come with it, like people writing about them.

Also, they didn't respect the Queen. If they had, they would have first told her of the plan, and asked the palace to deliver a royal statement when the entire details were worked out. They didn't. They wanted media opinion to force the Queen's hand to let them do as they wished, instead of leaving the details up to her.

They humiliated her and the entire family. It came off as more than a little spiteful.But hey, it was more dramatic and show-stopping to do it the way they did. I mean priorities, right?

etky

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 12:51 am
imorethanamother wrote:
We all agree that renovations are paid for by taxpayers, and that there are strict rules about such things. But it doesn't negate the fact that they now live in an extremely security-protected and comfortable mansion that was largely updated for their use using taxpayer money. Sure, the GOLD BATHTUB was their purchase, but if I only had to pay for furnishings, and could move into an updated house rent free, you wouldn't see me crying over it.

The point is, you can't decide that you don't want anything bad about being royal, but you want all the good that goes along with it. Buy your own house, live in it, and don't take any money from the royal family, and don't expect British taxpayers to pay your extremely pricey security fee, and hey! Do what you like! I could care less about them!

But there's something so stomach churning about two people that want to take a life of charity work that had been parceled out to them, and instead use it to finance a richer lifestyle for two extremely over-privileged human beings that just make me disgusted.

It makes me wonder whether the Jewish people, in the times of Moshiach, would want to reinstate the Jewish kingdom again. The line of succession didn't work so great the first time around, either.

But there were some pretty good ones too: Asa (for the most part) and Yehoshafat, Yehoash (for most of his reign), Chizkiyahu, Yehoshiyahu,
And one would assume that if we're talking about the times of Mashiach then by definition the kings and other leaders would be righteous ones, no?

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 1:18 am
Sebastian wrote:
I am concerned that Harry obviously seems to be struggling and Meghan (who has a history of putting herself first and ghosting ppl) is alienating him from his family and moving him to another country. I wonder if she is doing this so she won't have to raise Archie in the UK when they divorce.

Considering about 70% of divorces are initiated by the woman, who usually starts thinking about divorce 2-3 years before she tells her husband of her desire to divorce (and by that time her decision is usually solid and unshakable), this would seem to be a good guess.
I saw a divorce coming when they got engaged. She's already been divorced once and their backgrounds are too dissimilar. And she is an American actress to top it off, those kinds of people usually have bad personal lives so it was never really promising.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 2:16 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

Lilac, do you listen to LBC? This is exactly what James O'Brien was banging on about last week!

DrMom

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 3:31 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I saw a divorce coming when they got engaged. She's already been divorced once and their backgrounds are too dissimilar. And she is an American actress to top it off, those kinds of people usually have bad personal lives so it was never really promising.

LOL -- as opposed to the royal family, whose members have sparkling clean and healthy personal lives!

Like Charles who was cheating on Diana and having secret phone calls with his mistress Camilla Parker Bowles telling her he wished he was her tampon (ew), or Prince Andrew, hobnobbing with pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, or Henry VIII who beheaded wives once he tired of them!

I don't care one way or another about the Royals, but some of the comments here are absurd.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 3:40 am
DrMom wrote:
LOL -- as opposed to the royal family, whose members have sparkling clean and healthy personal lives!

Like Charles who was cheating on Diana and having secret phone calls with his mistress Camilla Parker Bowles telling her he wished he was her tampon (ew), or Prince Andrew, hobnobbing with pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, or Henry VIII who beheaded wives once he tired of them!

I don't care one way or another about the Royals, but some of the comments here are absurd.

Didn't say the royals were spotless, just that Meghan's ilk tends to have a bad track record.

We can agree that they are a match set?

Raisin

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 5:11 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
She's not made of the stuff needed to be an aristocrat. She's all about her way or the highway.

What exactly is the stuff needed to make an aristocrat? They aren't particularly nice people, the British aristocracy. Apart from anyting else they have a history of living it up while the British masses starved and suffered.

The Queen herself seems to be a lovely person. I have respect for Prince Philip's mother, who sheltered Jews during the Holocaust. Charles always seems to me to be a genuine person who made one very bad mistake under pressure from his family.

But most of the others? Margeret, spoilt and selfish. Andrew, the paedophile, Edward the best friend of Hitler?

Zeleze

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 5:47 am
Not really my interest all of this gossip, as she is really a normal person who married into a royal family, and making an issue of herself.

But I imagine, her husband Harry, has a difficult life with her, and some this ill fall apart.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 6:41 am
etky wrote:
But there were some pretty good ones too: Asa (for the most part) and Yehoshafat, Yehoash (for most of his reign), Chizkiyahu, Yehoshiyahu,
And one would assume that if we're talking about the times of Mashiach then by definition the kings and other leaders would be righteous ones, no?

I missed what you bolded.
Omgoodness, look at how cynical galus has made us that we can't imagine the heightened purity of yemos HaMoshiach, that we can actually think that after getting to EY on the wings of eagles (and not necessarily literally, it can be Canfei Nesharim Airlines, but our destination will be clear) and seeing the descent of the Bayis Shelishi, that we could actually not want Moshiach?

Trust me, when we say v'nos yagon va'anacha, that means, all our reservations will disappear, and we will go forward wholeheartedly.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 7:08 am
They both should have known.
Hoping their kid won't resent their choice
But again who cares
Page 4 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics