Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Would you let the seller into your house after closing

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 11:19 pm
He wants to stop by to help my husband with a leak on the roof, and show him what to do etc. he was very handy I think he works in construction. Should I not allow him in to the house? We did minor cosmetic work like removed all old light fixtures, put in new carpet paint and spot lights. He lived in the house for 35 years (!) so I don’t want to distress him by him seeing the changes

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jan 12 2020, 11:35 pm
We did. And we did/said something really stupid and I think it hurt the sellers feeling. I was surprised and not expecting them....
We had discussed that we will be taking carpet of and just restore the original hardwood flooring.....

Its 2 years since they were here. I with they would come back amd id rectify my mistake and show them how much we enjoy that particular feature right now.

Our sellers were a lovely old hardworking very nice conservative jewish couple. They kept the house in tiptop shape even though the decore was of another era entirely Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating