Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Discussion on the Daf - Brachot
  Previous  1  2  3  31  32  33

Aylat

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 5:19 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Are we going to start a new thread for Shabbos

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....84931

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 3:52 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
From https://www.etzion.org.il/en/k.....zimra

Women Reciting Korbanot

In fourteenth-century Ashkenaz, Maharil writes that women should recite korbanot as part of the general obligation to pray.

New Responsa Maharil, 45

And are women not obligated in the morning tamid offering and sacrificial offerings like men? For they are obligated in prayer which they [the Men of the Great Assembly] enacted to correspond with the korban tamid, and if so they are also obligated to recite the matters of the sacrifices.…

Maharil sees korbanot as part of the customary prayer service. Women, like men, are subject to this custom and therefore recite korbanot as well.

Although Maharil refers to "the morning tamid offering and [other verses of] sacrificial offerings," Rav Shneur Zalman of Liadi, Ba'al Ha-Tanya, rules that women need only recite the verses about the korban tamid.

Shulchan Aruch Ha-Rav OC 47

In reciting the portion of the tamid they [women] are equal to men, for tefilla [in which women are obligated] was enacted in place of the tamid.

Why only the verses about the tamid? Women are obligated in tefillot whose timing is based on that of the tamid. Additionally, we have seen that Tur treats the tamid portion with more stringency than the rest of korbanot. It stands to reason, then, that women should recite the tamid verses regularly.

Other halachic authorities, however, maintain that reciting korbanot is not obligatory for women or men.

Chida, Responsa Yosef Ometz 67

For women are obligated in all the sacrifices…but they have no obligation to learn the laws of the sacrifices, this is the truth… For even men have no obligation to read the korbanot.

Chida teaches us that women are obligated in offering sacrifices when relevant, but not in learning about them. (He suggests women need not learn about them at all!)

Many women and men, skip korbanot during tefilla. Reciting them is still praiseworthy, though, especially the tamid.

Rav Eliezer Melamed suggests that if time is short, a woman can choose to recite the verses about the tamid right after birchot ha-Torah, instead of birkat kohanim. This position goes back to treating korbanot as a form of Torah learning following recitation of the berachot.

I’ve been asking everyone about this and this isn’t what people seem to do in practice.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 6:47 am
imorethanamother wrote:
I’ve been asking everyone about this and this isn’t what people seem to do in practice.

You’re right, but I’m not sure why that is. (Maybe because many men don’t say korbanos, either.) I never said korbanos, when I was growing up. In Bais Yaakov, it was not one of the tefilos that was said, and I had never heard it suggested that women should say them. But after hearing a shiur on women and tefilah by R’ Hershel Schachter, I have started to say them daily.

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 2:38 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
You’re right, but I’m not sure why that is. (Maybe because many men don’t say korbanos, either.) I never said korbanos, when I was growing up. In Bais Yaakov, it was not one of the tefilos that was said, and I had never heard it suggested that women should say them. But after hearing a shiur on women and tefilah by R’ Hershel Schachter, I have started to say them daily.

Do you know if I can find this shiur online?
Page 33 of 33   Previous  1  2  3  31  32  33 Recent Topics