Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Creative bday ideas

LO

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 11:33 am
My twin girls are turning 13 this week and I would love to do something special for their bday. The problem (a good problem, B"H) is that I just had a baby two days ago so I can't really do much out of the house. Their bday is on Thursday on Shabbos is the shalom zachor, so a lot of the attention will be taken away from them....I don't think they mind, but I do want to show them my love and appreciation, esp since they were beyond helpful when I was pregnant and in the hospital, etc.

Any creative ideas? I could take them out for dinner, but that's pretty typical...May be make a special breakfast for them? Or may be a creative gift idea of some sort?

All suggestions welcome! Smile TIA

groovy1224

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 11:38 am
Wow mazel tov!!!

Not sure how much you are up for, but maybe a sleepover with some friends? They would have to be able to do most of the setup and that sorta thing, but even just a simple 'spa' night with nail polish, face masks, hand cream, and mani/pedi supplies. Or a movie night with popcorn and hot chocolate. Or a make your own pizza night, just stipulate that the girls have to clean up after. You can do a fun breakfast the morning after if you are feeling like you want to be extra, but please don't overdo it.

Happy birthday to your girls!

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 11:54 am
Maybe send a nice lunch to their class that day? Or a nice breakfast? Iced coffee and bagels?

Ridethewaves

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 12:13 pm
What do they like? Can you order a cool craft/talent they like to do? Amazon comes up with some good ideas once you type in one idea (slime making, wood burning etc)

LO

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 12:30 pm
thanks! keep the ideas coming!!

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 12:59 pm
Manicures

asweet

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 1:10 pm
I usually buy for my teen girls items they need and personalize it. Like a beach chair (dd wanted one for camp) towel another year also for camp. Water bottle that keeps temperature.
Also nice idea is a brush with their name (it avoids the u are using my brush...)
I once did a pillow with pictures for themi did it online
Jewelry box or roll is nice too.
Not sure where u are located but you must have a store that personalizes gifts, they usually have the items too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children