Home

Democrats behind the anti-bris agenda
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 2:32 pm
Another thread wrote how on facebook it states that some Orthodox are not doing bris milah. This is part of Democrat's War on Religion. The Media, including Social Media Giants like Facebook are all Democrats and this is anti-bris propoganda with the goal of eventually getting bris milah banned. Already other leftist counties have proposed banning bris milah.
Back to top

Ruchel




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 2:33 pm
Not surprised. It is a HUGE thing in the usa, I had never discovered the whole thing before I had internet
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 2:35 pm
I remember reading articles in New York Times over 30 years ago about how Conservative Jews are omitting bris milah because it is "barbaric". Now the Democrat Media is claiming that some Orthodox are skipping bris milah. The goal is to ban bris milah but first the Democrat Media has to turn public opinion against bris milah.
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 2:37 pm
Here is a quote from the original thread:

sky wrote:
It does concern me when you see European countries discussing outlawing all circumsion Germany voted against a bill. Iceland is proposing a bill
Sometimes when one country does something new it makes it more acceptable and the idea spreads
Also the fear of Muslims is spreading a lot of these ideas.
Back to top

DrMom




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 2:40 pm
Seems unlikely, at least at the time being.

First of all, many Democrats in the US have cozied up to the Muslim community -- which also practices circumcision. Also, even most secular Jews (also a strong pro-Democratic group) practice circumcision.

I do agree that there is a strong anti-religious streak in the current Democratic party's radical wing, but I don't see this happening anytime soon.
Back to top

fleetwood




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 2:44 pm
I'm confused by the original post. Are you saying that because of the Democrats, orthodox Jews are not doing Brit milah? I genuinely do not get what you are saying.
Back to top

Rappel




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 2:49 pm
Fleetwood, Best Bubby is saying that internet articles claiming, falsely, that orthodox Jews aren't doing brit milah are really a secret plot by Democrats to sway the public opinion, and eventually ban the practice.

I'll be honest - it seems far fetched. Not that brit milah might be banned someday in the United States, but that discussions thereof are an organized political plot. No one needs to organise it.

Arbitrary surgery on newborns should turn anyone's stomach, unless we have a strong belief in the Torah. No one needs to actively sow dissent in order to create it.
Back to top

trixx




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 2:56 pm
Rappel wrote:
Fleetwood, Best Bubby is saying that internet articles claiming, falsely, that orthodox Jews aren't doing brit milah are really a secret plot by Democrats to sway the public opinion, and eventually ban the practice.

I'll be honest - it seems far fetched. Not that brit milah might be banned someday in the United States, but that discussions thereof are an organized political plot. No one needs to organise it.

Arbitrary surgery on newborns should turn anyone's stomach, unless we have a strong belief in the Torah. No one needs to actively sow dissent in order to create it.


The dissent would be against the freedom of religion (I don't know that I agree with the whole premise but that is my thought)
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 3:01 pm
Rappel wrote:
Fleetwood, Best Bubby is saying that internet articles claiming, falsely, that orthodox Jews aren't doing brit milah are really a secret plot by Democrats to sway the public opinion, and eventually ban the practice.

I'll be honest - it seems far fetched. Not that brit milah might be banned someday in the United States, but that discussions thereof are an organized political plot. No one needs to organise it.

Arbitrary surgery on newborns should turn anyone's stomach, unless we have a strong belief in the Torah. No one needs to actively sow dissent in order to create it.


Circumcision was once widely practiced in US for health reasons. Yes, I believe it is an organized campaign to eventually ban bris milah. Democrats have successfully persuaded non-jewish americans not to circumsize - that is step one. Democrat media have successfully persuaded a sizable minority of non-orthodox jews not to circumcize - that is step two. When only a tiny minority support circumcision but most of the public is opposed or doesn't care, than the government can ban it.
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 3:03 pm
DrMom wrote:
Seems unlikely, at least at the time being.

First of all, many Democrats in the US have cozied up to the Muslim community -- which also practices circumcision. Also, even most secular Jews (also a strong pro-Democratic group) practice circumcision.

I do agree that there is a strong anti-religious streak in the current Democratic party's radical wing, but I don't see this happening anytime soon.


Democrats SELECTIVELY Prosecute. No one ever asked a Muslim bakery to bake a cake for a homosexual wedding, or asked a Muslim florist to supply flowers for homosexual weddings. Only Christians are targeted. Jewish businesses may be targeted next. But Muslims will be given a pass.
Back to top

Rappel




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 3:06 pm
trixx wrote:
The dissent would be against the freedom of religion (I don't know that I agree with the whole premise but that is my thought)


(I'm playing devil's advocate here. Please no one jump on me for this; I don't have the brain space right now. Of course I think we should do Brit milah.)

Ah, but does freedom of religion allow us to enact child abuse on helpless victims? Certainly not.

There are many criminal cases which would support such a ruling on Brit milah, if it were ever deemed harmful. So I think that the bill of rights will not be sufficient protection for Brit Milah when it comes up to the stand.
Back to top

BH5745




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 3:27 pm
Socialist elements in the government will also probably get to the point of trying to prohibit religious private schooling, because this is 'forcing your beliefs onto your children' or 'preventing them from receiving an equal education to their peers.'

How the socialists see it: in this (increasingly Orwellian and dystopian) society, everyone must be as equal and the same as possible. Our "backwards" and "superstitious" religious beliefs and traditional values challenge the State's ability to assimilate the Jewish children into society at large. Ergo it's the State's job to counter that as much as possible.
Back to top

fleetwood




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 3:53 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Circumcision was once widely practiced in US for health reasons. Yes, I believe it is an organized campaign to eventually ban bris milah. Democrats have successfully persuaded non-jewish americans not to circumsize - that is step one. Democrat media have successfully persuaded a sizable minority of non-orthodox jews not to circumcize - that is step two. When only a tiny minority support circumcision but most of the public is opposed or doesn't care, than the government can ban it.

What proof is there of this assertion? This is all new to me.
Back to top

leah233




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 3:53 pm
Rappel wrote:
(I'm playing devil's advocate here. Please no one jump on me for this; I don't have the brain space right now. Of course I think we should do Brit milah.)

Ah, but does freedom of religion allow us to enact child abuse on helpless victims? Certainly not.

There are many criminal cases which would support such a ruling on Brit milah, if it were ever deemed harmful. So I think that the bill of rights will not be sufficient protection for Brit Milah when it comes up to the stand.


The premise of this assumes child abuse in bris milah. Only someone rabidly anti religion would see more child abuse in bris milah than say removing tonsils or even ear piercing

The founders of the United States were smart enough to realize that people would find all sorts of "for the better good/ to protect the vulnerable" excuses to ban religious practices (as indeed was later done in the Soviet Union) Therefore among other protections they required the criteria of "clear and present danger" to outlaw religious practice for an ostensible altruistic reason.

I always thought those protection would be adequate until Bloomberg wanted to force the signed consent for Metitza B'Peh .The judge sided with him and argued that (1)Metitza B'Peh isn't a religious practice because in theory Bloomberg's regulations would apply to anyone doing Metitza B'Peh even someone not religiously motivated and (2)it isn't a violation of free speech because you have the choice not to do Metitza B'Peh and not be subject to coercive speech.

The issue went to appeals where the three judge panel unanimously ruled that Metitza B'Peh is unquestionably a religious practice and the regulations are also coerced speech.

What remains scary is that most liberals agreed with the initial judge. Based on her logic there is no such a thing as a law regarding religious practice . Any anti religion law could be justified that in theory it would apply to someone doing it for nonreligious reasons. Yet the liberals all accepted that "logic".
Back to top

fleetwood




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 3:57 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Democrats SELECTIVELY Prosecute. No one ever asked a Muslim bakery to bake a cake for a homosexual wedding, or asked a Muslim florist to supply flowers for homosexual weddings. Only Christians are targeted. Jewish businesses may be targeted next. But Muslims will be given a pass.

Democrats ask Christian bakers to bake for gay weddings? I'm confused at this assertion.
Back to top

small bean




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 4:03 pm
Read andrew yang on circumcision. He is not for banning circumcision but he did do research and decided not to circumcise his kids.

If they ban circumcision they have to ban fmg. They cant do one without the other. Therefore I am not worried about it right now.
Back to top

fleetwood




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 4:11 pm
small bean wrote:
Read andrew yang on circumcision. He is not for banning circumcision but he did do research and decided not to circumcise his kids.

If they ban circumcision they have to ban fmg. They cant do one without the other. Therefore I am not worried about it right now.

Yes,I know about Chang, but still waiting on links where Democrats are trying to ban circumcision.
Back to top

Amarante




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 4:16 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Yes,I know about Chang, but still waiting on links where Democrats are trying to ban circumcision.


Don’t hold your breath because they don’t exist.

All of this sky is falling paranoia by certain elements is terrible because it creates a boy who cries wolf situation in which real anti Semitic actions are lumped together with this kind of thinking which has no basis in anything but right wing internet lies to drum up their base.

No Politician will be named because none exists and even if one exists, it will prove to be some kind of complete outlier whose political affiliation has nothing to do with the actual Democratic Party.
Back to top

lifesagift




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 4:23 pm
small bean wrote:
Read andrew yang on circumcision. He is not for banning circumcision but he did do research and decided not to circumcise his kids.

If they ban circumcision they have to ban fmg. They cant do one without the other. Therefore I am not worried about it right now.

Whats fmg?
Back to top

small bean




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 4:24 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Yes,I know about Chang, but still waiting on links where Democrats are trying to ban circumcision.


I dont think there is any.
Back to top
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Impeachment strategy by Democrats
by Cheiny
0 Sun, Jan 19 2020, 2:10 pm View last post
Chizuk for those who fall behind in learning schedule
by amother
7 Mon, Jan 13 2020, 9:26 am View last post
AOC Highlights and Furthers divisiveness among Democrats
by Cheiny
8 Mon, Jan 06 2020, 3:35 pm View last post
Democrats side with Iran over US!
by Cheiny
1 Sun, Jan 05 2020, 11:21 am View last post
Balls behind ears diet - boro park
by amother
4 Mon, Dec 16 2019, 5:09 pm View last post

Jump to: