Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Toddler Napping in the Car: My Worst Nightmare
Previous  1  2

stickynotes

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 10:59 am
I totally got exactly what you meant by the title bc I have the same thing, my ds is almost 4 and falls asleep at 4pm on our way home, I don't like giving him my phone but for sure when I know im going out that night I give him my phone to face time bubby and zaidy. (sometimes he still falls asleep in their faces:)

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 11:42 am
Another vote for sitting in the car for another 15 min. I keep a baby blanket and book for myself in the car for this purpose. Just remember to turn the car off while you are in it.

baltomom

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 11:53 am
I understand how this seriously impacts your life! I know the feeling up talking to a toddler in the car to keep them up and then realizing they've fallen asleep! In similar situations I've given a snack that the eat piece by piece so it keeps them busy for a while.

CHMother

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:19 pm
baltomom wrote:
I understand how this seriously impacts your life! I know the feeling up talking to a toddler in the car to keep them up and then realizing they've fallen asleep! In similar situations I've given a snack that the eat piece by piece so it keeps them busy for a while.

What types of snacks? Or do you keep passing them pieces of any snack?

Chaya123

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 4:22 pm
CHMother wrote:
My oldest is 3, turning 4 in a few months. Since he was about 2.5, he hasn't been getting regular naps by his morah. Instead, he falls asleep on the 15+ min drive home after school. Problems? A. He doesn't fall asleep till 9/10 the earliest when he does this. B. He wakes up in a terrible mood, cranky, tired, and irritable... the works.

We considered improving his sleep schedule and we're doing our best (but I'm not going to kid myself that I have true control over him falling asleep at night), but it's also possible he's just tired from a long stimulating day at morah. I'm at my wits end. I've tried so many things to keep him awake - silly stories, loud music, children's CDs, open windows... Nothing works!! He's still falling asleep many afternoons. Any ideas??

My toddler, turning 3 in 2 months kah, does the same. She doesn't nap at Morah and then falls asleep in car on way home. We wake her up right away so she shouldn't get too long nap but then is cranky and grouchy for while, understandably so. She then goes to sleep approx 9-10 but I don't mind bec my other older children are up then anyway.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers