Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How to dispose of leaky leftovers after bag ban?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:09 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I don't have "a side".

But its an honest answer to the question. I'm describing 'many people' - not everybody. Nobody needs to be personally insulted.

Nobody needs to be personally insulted, but many people have been impersonally insulted, which is not any better.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:11 pm
And?

Am I the only person who finds it harder to walk while carrying something? I don't think I am.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:12 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
What does that have to do with disposable bags? Single use plastic bags didn't magically make shopping with babies easy. You couldn't give them directions home and find them waiting on your doorstep. You still had to transport them, by carrying them, putting them in a cart, or putting them under your stroller.

But I am apparently a genius.

(1) For large trips, leave your stroller in front of the store, and put the baby in the cart.

(2) If shopping with a stroller is important to you, make sure you use a stroller with a large basket.

Sorry you just aren't getting it. At this point, the only thing sillier than taking away plastic bags is for me to continue to post about it. Maybe rereading the progression of the thread to see what points were being responded to will clarify things.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:12 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Nobody needs to be personally insulted, but many people have been impersonally insulted, which is not any better.

Many people are lazy creatures of habit. You really disagree with that?

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:16 pm
Am I the only person who finds it harder to walk while carrying something? I don't think I am.

If you've already committed to walking home carrying bags of groceries - the hardship of carring a few empty bags to the store seems immaterial to me. What am I missing?

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:17 pm
If you've already committed to walking home carrying bags of groceries - the hardship of carring a few empty bags to the store seems immaterial to me. What am I missing?

The amount of time walking while carrying something is doubled.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:19 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Sorry you just aren't getting it. At this point, the only thing sillier than taking away plastic bags is for me to continue to post about it. Maybe rereading the progression of the thread to see what points were being responded to will clarify things.

You can still purchase plastic bags for your pastic bag needs. You are upset because your grocery order is now $4 more than thn it was previously.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:20 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Insanity that everyone should start pushing bubby carts. Because plastic bags are more important than people.

Or maybe we should all just drive instead of walking. Because buying gas, pollution from cars, congested traffic, no parking spots, are all better quality of life than using plastic bags.

I would still want to have my stuff in pags inside the bubby carts! it needs bags!....

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:21 pm

Given the hardship of carrying groceries - why do you do it at all?

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:22 pm
You can still purchase plastic bags for your pastic bag needs. You are upset because your grocery order is now $4 more than thn it was previously.

And why is that not a valid reason to be upset?

Amarante

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:25 pm

You put ALL the recyclable bags in a nice recyclable bag that goes over your shoulder or fits in a messenger bag.

I can't believe all of the non-existent road blocks people are posting about what a hardship it is.

Most of the world does NOT provide free plastic bags and yet people function very well and get their shopping done.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:27 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I would still want to have my stuff in pags inside the bubby carts! it needs bags!....

You bring reusable bags IN the Bubbe Cart or in your tote bag or in the stroller or in another reusable bag.

I also carry a bag folded in my purse to carry something unexpected home.

Last edited by Amarante on Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:27 pm

An empty bag? You're worried about the extra weight of an empty bag? I often have something like this in my purse https://www.dhgate.com/product.....o=WAP It weighs about 3 ounces.

For me, the bigger issue is running into a store without thinking about in advance, and being stuck with a bag fee. Since I'm usually running after work, without a car or a stroller. I guess I should carry the above all the time, not just sometimes.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:28 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
An empty bag? You're worried about the extra weight of an empty bag?

It's not the weight, it's having to hold it in my hands. The lack of weight is an issue.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:28 pm
And why is that not a valid reason to be upset?

Sure it a reason to be upset. But it has nothing to do with "taking away plastic" being silly.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:30 pm

I believe she is complaining about the cost of egg cartons which used to be free.

The cost of your groceries would have increased if the cartons weren't now costing something.

The stores are now choosing to place the cost of cartons on those who USE cartons rather than raise prices for all items in the store.

That way those who don't need the service are not paying to subsidize free cartons for those using delivery.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:30 pm
It's not the weight, it's having to hold it in my hands. The lack of weight is an issue.

You don't need to use your hands. You can use a purse or backpack.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:36 pm
You don't need to use your hands. You can use a purse or backpack.

Yet another extra expense and item to carry.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:37 pm
Yet another extra expense and item to carry.

You don't own a purse?

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:40 pm

Actually no. I pay $10/week for my groceries to be delivered. $4 would be nice.
I'm upset because I have to change something that works for me.
I'm upset that people in govt do not understand the life of people on the ground and how their policies affect them.
I'm upset because this is another feel good dumb thing from the Democrats when when it comes down to it, it's impractical and useless, and we are the ones who suffer for it.
Thank you to whoever called us lazy. Lazy is politicians who don't need plastic bags for carrying things and then make rules for the rest of us as if we live their lifestyle.
Page 4 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics