Home

No more bail ny - man robs 5th bank
1, 2  Next

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

sky

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 11:19 pm
After allegedly robbing 4 banks with no weapon he himself said he couldn’t believe they let him out.

“I can’t believe they let me out,” Woodberry marveled as he retrieved his vouchered property at One Police Plaza in lower Manhattan, sources told The Post. “What were they thinking?”

And then went on to rob a 5th bank the next day.

Police officers have to then be busy looking for the alleged bank robber who will be immediately released again.

Anyone else think there is something wrong here?
Was this the original intention of the law?

I’m all for bail reform but how can anyone defend the way it is playing out?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/n...../amp/

#BestBubby

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 11:25 pm
It was predicted that this No Bail Law will lead to more crime but Democrat don't care - Democrats are after the CRIMINAL votes.

Democrat politicians are safe with their armed guards and gated communities and don't care about us peasants who suffer the consequences of their stupid laws!

jkl

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 11:49 pm
sky wrote:
After allegedly robbing 4 banks with no weapon he himself said he couldn’t believe they let him out.

“I can’t believe they let me out,” Woodberry marveled as he retrieved his vouchered property at One Police Plaza in lower Manhattan, sources told The Post. “What were they thinking?”

And then went on to rob a 5th bank the next day.

Police officers have to then be busy looking for the alleged bank robber who will be immediately released again.

Anyone else think there is something wrong here?
Was this the original intention of the law?

I’m all for bail reform but how can anyone defend the way it is playing out?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/n...../amp/

Besides for the bleeding-hearts-liberal, did anyone really think that a no-bail release would ever work?

flowerpower

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 11:52 pm
I think it’s extremely stupid. No way would it work.

Squishy

Post  Tue, Jan 14 2020, 12:15 am
#BestBubby wrote:
It was predicted that this No Bail Law will lead to more crime but Democrat don't care - Democrats are after the CRIMINAL votes.

Democrat politicians are safe with their armed guards and gated communities and don't care about us peasants who suffer the consequences of their stupid laws!

Democrats can't govern. They are messing up every place they try to govern. There's no logical thought or care for middle Americans. They just want cheap labor to please their billionaire donors. They lack foresight and compassion for those Americans they hurt with their stupidity.

I have been asking liberal amothers what they propose to do to clean up the cities. They have no answers except silence. All policies that Democrats come up with will hurt the economy. Medicaid for all illegal immigrants and free housing for illegal immigrants hurts American taxpayers. Americans can't afford to live in the cities because of the completion for housing stock.

Their sanctuary municipalities and no bail policies emboldens criminals. Couple this with Democrats embracing antisemitism and failing to condemn it, it is no wonder that Jews are no longer safe.

Maybe the bank robbers will come to court because of the offer of free Met tickets and allow themselves to get convicted and spend years in prison.

1untamedgirl

Post  Tue, Jan 14 2020, 8:41 am
Thats nothing compared to this guy who killed someone and was released without bail despite having other convictions on his record--

Quote:
A Bellport man has been charged with DWI and released without bail Monday following a car crash that killed a 27-year-old man on the William Floyd Parkway.

Jordan Randolph, 40, is accused of driving drunk and killing Jonathan Armand Flores-Maldonado Sunday.

Maldonado's cousins and aunt say they were seething at the arraignment. Prosecutors said in court that Randolph had been arrested and released on Jan. 1 for allegedly not having a court-ordered ignition interlock device in his car.

According to court records, Randolph has a history of drunk driving and a total of six felony convictions, six misdemeanor convictions, and five failures to appear in court on other cases.

Maldonado's family told News 12 he had just graduated from the University of Buffalo, was pursuing a career in medicine and was killed while driving an Uber to make extra money.

The prosecutor told the judge during the arraignment that he would've asked for a substantial amount of bail if the incident happened before Jan. 1. The prosecutor then requested that an electronic monitoring ankle bracelet be put on Randolph.

The judge denied the request, saying the new law does not allow him to issue the monitoring device either.

Randolph's prior convictions:

Third-degree attempted robbery in 1997, a felony
Endangering the welfare of a child in 1998, a misdemeanor
Second-degree assault in 1998, a felony
Second-degree assault in 1998, a felony
Third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance in 2002, a felony
DWI in 2011, a misdemeanor
Seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance in 2013, a misdemeanor
DWI in 2016, an E felony
Third-degree possession of a forged instrument in 2016, a misdemeanor
Criminal contempt in 2017, a misdemeanor
Seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance in 2017, a misdemeanor
DWI in 2018, a D felony http://longisland.news12.com/s.....9qdEw

FranticFrummie

Post  Tue, Jan 14 2020, 8:49 am
This brings insanity to a whole new level. They are going to have to rewrite the definition in the dictionary.

On the other hand, I now have a good idea of how to solve all my financial problems. *flying to NY, be right back* Hiding

Rappel

Post  Tue, Jan 14 2020, 9:03 am
Lol, FF. You should have an easy time booking a ticket. I'm sure every other decent person is flying right out of there.

nchr

Post  Tue, Jan 14 2020, 9:05 am
I think the issue is that many people are arrested and cannot post bail do to financial constraints. Then we have overcrowded jails costing us a lot of money as well as petty criminals learning more criminal behavior from the lifestyle. Obviously this story is ridiculous and shows a major flaw in the law.

sky

Post  Tue, Jan 14 2020, 9:08 am
nchr wrote:
I think the issue is that many people are arrested and cannot post bail do to financial constraints. Then we have overcrowded jails costing us a lot of money as well as petty criminals learning more criminal behavior from the lifestyle. Obviously this story is ridiculous and shows a major flaw in the law.

I agree.
And being in jail puts them in a worse financial situation - they lose their job, miss car and rent payments. Get evicted. Furniture discarded. Car repossessed. And the cycle starts anew.

But this is just absurd.

And I’ve been reading cops are feeling demoralized. If you spend hours catching a criminal to only release him immediately then why bother.

fleetwood

Post  Tue, Jan 14 2020, 9:13 am
Rappel wrote:
Lol, FF. You should have an easy time booking a ticket. I'm sure every other decent person is flying right out of there.

Nope!

FranticFrummie

Post  Tue, Jan 14 2020, 9:16 am
nchr wrote:
I think the issue is that many people are arrested and cannot post bail do to financial constraints.

Yes, but if they let you rob banks, then you could afford the bail.

Circular logic is circular. Hypnotized

1untamedgirl

Post  Tue, Jan 14 2020, 9:24 am
sky wrote:
I agree.
And being in jail puts them in a worse financial situation - they lose their job, miss car and rent payments. Get evicted. Furniture discarded. Car repossessed. And the cycle starts anew.

But this is just absurd.

And I’ve been reading cops are feeling demoralized. If you spend hours catching a criminal to only release him immediately then why bother.

Why would someone risk losing everything just to commit a crime? The default response has been that they are "mentally ill" and many of them are homeless. So what kind of job are they losing out on if they are too mentally ill to understand not to commit a crime in the first place? And how can they be evicted if they are homeless?

It just doesnt add up. Either they are mentally ill and/or homeless and have nothing to lose by committing a crime or they are working, renting apartments and upstanding citizens and have no reason to commit a crime in the first place. It feels like we are being gaslighted about this and someone needs to get to the bottom of it to try to make sense of what is really going on.

Mama Bear

Post  Tue, Jan 14 2020, 9:39 am
The craziest part of all this, as someone mentioned just above, is that there is literally no need for a police force anymore. Why should they bother arresting anyone? Arrests don't matter. They dont' stay behind bars. our streets aren't any safer. Why do we even need police offers anymore?
It's so topsy turvy the mind is just boggled. What world are we living in???

Marathon

Post  Tue, Jan 14 2020, 9:50 am
Im not saying what’s right but their reasoning is that with cash bail you have some of the worst criminals with a lot of money being let out and some better ones not being let out bcz they simply don’t have the money to provide. Here, they’re giving everyone a chance to be let out on bail

leah233

Post  Tue, Jan 14 2020, 10:02 am
Marathon wrote:
Im not saying what’s right but their reasoning is that with cash bail you have some of the worst criminals with a lot of money being let out and some better ones not being let out bcz they simply don’t have the money to provide. Here, they’re giving everyone a chance to be let out on bail

According to that logic they shouldn't let any potentially dangerous criminal out on bail.

What is the logic to allow all potentially dangerous criminals out?

Last edited by leah233 on Tue, Jan 14 2020, 10:07 am; edited 2 times in total

Squishy

Post  Tue, Jan 14 2020, 10:05 am
1untamedgirl wrote:
Why would someone risk losing everything just to commit a crime? The default response has been that they are "mentally ill" and many of them are homeless. So what kind of job are they losing out on if they are too mentally ill to understand not to commit a crime in the first place? And how can they be evicted if they are homeless?

It just doesnt add up. Either they are mentally ill and/or homeless and have nothing to lose by committing a crime or they are working, renting apartments and upstanding citizens and have no reason to commit a crime in the first place. It feels like we are being gaslighted about this and someone needs to get to the bottom of it to try to make sense of what is really going on.

Criminals don't believe they are risking everything. They don't factor in that they will get caught. Some like the thrill of challenging the system.

Studies have shown the best prevention is to punish the perp as close to the crime as possible. This matters more than how long.

Squishy

Post  Tue, Jan 14 2020, 10:06 am
Marathon wrote:

But it's the money and bail bondsmen that gets them to come back to court. Mets tickets won't do it.

#BestBubby

Post  Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:21 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:

Most criminals are ENABLED by Welfare which gives them FREE housing, food without having to WORK so they have plenty of FREE TIME to commit crimes to supplement
their Free $$$.

Squishy

Post  Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:43 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Most criminals are ENABLED by Welfare which gives them FREE housing, food without having to WORK so they have plenty of FREE TIME to commit crimes to supplement
their Free $$$.

Men need to be grounded. Work and/or religion supplies the proper grounding. Also, when you give people free and easy money, it trains them to a sense of entitlement. Those live off of others and who have better lifestyle than those who work are ripe to embrace a criminal mentality.

This is in line with giving moms money for their children and giving more to those without fathers. It is predictable that this would cause the family unit to break up resulting in the explosion of out of wedlock babies.

Last edited by Squishy on Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h