Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Feud between Prince William and Prince Harry led to Megxit??

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 12:31 am
Someone insists that the feud between the two princes began with Prince William having an affair. Prince Harry was extremely upset because the affair between Prince Charles and Camilla led to their mother's misery and death. They say Prince Harry was disgusted with Prince William, and that this is at least partially what lead to this week's "Megxit".

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....63186

This might be totally true, totally false or somewhere in the middle.

Why do I care? Because the Royal family interests me, and talking about them is probably not Lashon Hara.

My sincerest apologies in advance, to those who feel this question is dumb.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 12:33 am
My guess is that this is a whole load of hooey. The sensationalist stories about the royal family live on.

What is it about those royals that so fascinate us? The blast from the past? The illusion of splendor? Something to temporarily take us away from the mundane routine of our lives?

Sebastian

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 12:45 am
no it was meghan

etky

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Someone insists that the feud between the two princes began with Prince William having an affair. Prince Harry was extremely upset because the affair between Prince Charles and Camilla led to their mother's misery and death. They say Prince Harry was disgusted with Prince William, and that this is at least partially what lead to this week's "Megxit".

Why do I care? Because the Royal family interests me, and talking about them is probably not Lashon Hara.

I think there's a reason that other thread got locked.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 3:40 am
The amount of Lashon Hara that women here generate on account of this couple is amazing.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 7:51 am
DrMom wrote:
The amount of Lashon Hara that women here generate on account of this couple is amazing.

Outside of davening and discussing the weather, almost every word we say and opinion we have, can be categorized as Lashon Hara as well.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 8:14 am
DrMom wrote:

I thought lashon Hara doesn't apply to public figures?maybe you want to do a spin-off and post a lesson a day in hilchos lashon hara.

Do we really think Harry cares soooo much that his brother had an affair? So much that he would leave everything behind? That's a stretch.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 10:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Brother to brother relationships are complicated. since when do brothers always get along?

think, Joseph and his brothers.
Kayin and hevel.
Yiftach and his brothers.
David Hamelech and his brothers.
Jacob and Esav.
Yitzchok and Yishmael.

For all judgmental people: Does your husband get along with his brother just fine
?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics